Thule 1600 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After reading around I finally narrowed it down to a Thule 1600 or a Yakima blacktop 16s, I decided on the Thule.

1.) the floor inside was a bit simpler, flatter, cleaner.
2.) The unit had a better finished look ... sat lower, silver color, looks cool, shorter (as to not cover the entire sunroof.
3.) lighter weight

I should note that the hook that actually clamps to the rack that comes with the Yakima looks nicer, but the Thule has a very simple/basic design that also works very well and is very simple.

:banana: job.

took about 5 minutes or so ... damn easy.

dscf0051.jpg

dscf0052.jpg

dscf0053.jpg

dscf0054.jpg

dscf0055.jpg

Thule looks good.

Not to highjack, but what kind of tires are those? Also, what kind of lift do you have?

Thanks!

cruiser4life said:
Thule looks good.

Not to highjack, but what kind of tires are those? Also, what kind of lift do you have?

Thanks!

37" krawlers, j springs, spacers up front...and a whole bunch of other mods to accomodate the change. some of it is doc'd on kumar.cruizer.net

Boston Mangler said:

cost...now that's the million dollar question when it comes to my cheap ass.

it's one of those things that is hard to get shipped, as it is a truck freight item due to the box size (60-100.00). so after checking all my local joints, I ended up getting from the local cabellas.

i think list is 449.00. cabellas was 399.00. signed up for their credit card and got an immediate 30.00 off. So paid 370.00 plus tax...back to 399.00 :D

It's an "investment" as all things are on this truck..thus the justification. We use this truck to vacation a lot and wanted to start taking the dog and other bigger items as well as things we would not normally take. i.e. lawn chairs.

We also hope to use it as double duty if we pick up skiing or snowboarding in our, hopefully, upcoming move to the Denver area next year.

looks great. are those locking hubs? :grinpimp:

great, but ya did have to stand on the rear left bumper end to get it up there, didnja? :D

e9999 said:
great, but ya did have to stand on the rear left bumper end to get it up there, didnja? :D

first I nosed it up the rear (with hatch/tailgate shut)...reached up in the air and pushe it forward. then I dropped the tailgate, and left the hatch down. that gave me full access to the rear. Used the step on the rear doors to reach the front locks.

k

whats da deal with the hubs? details! how did you make that setup work? do you run with the diff lock switch engaged all the time? :beer: by the way, the rig is sweet!

LX_TREME said:
Way too much bling-bling there now my eyes hurt :flipoff2:, also remember you may want to park the rig inside and gotta knock that garage door off.Hurry now Home Depot offering 50% off their card so you can save more :D

of course, the thule is only for trips. I was test fitting it today to make sure it would work out for the upcoming San Juan mountain run....otherwise I make it into the garage OK ... meaning...full tank of gas, np. empty tank of gas...gotta take it a bit slowly since I hit the header with my roof rack :)

...hopefully my next house will have a much higher header

:beer:

kumar

tacomafj-80 said:
whats da deal with the hubs? details! how did you make that setup work? do you run with the diff lock switch engaged all the time? :beer: by the way, the rig is sweet!

there are few threads that describe how the setup works. search... :flipoff2: ...

diff lock is engaged all the time. I love it, been running it for well over a year now (or has it been two?... Makes steering a breeze (especially with those krawlers), get better mpg, less front end wear, blah blah blah.

kumar

thanks, willdo the search :flipoff2:

I think that LC needs a ladder.

Kalawang

WOW man thats one sweety RIG ... I'm putting 37s on this week and the 315 well the wife is called dibbs on those.. For her 98 taco.. Nice to see I'm knot alone wanting more Air...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom