throttle delay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone experienced the throttle delay on the truck?
there is a small time gap between you pressing the pedal and engine pumping out more power

mine has it and bothersome. when I stop and go, i have to feather it to not have the lag/thud when it engages.

this has nothing to do with greasing Driveshaft cause i do it every 5000 mile and it doesnt change. i have it since i bought the car and i was wondering if there is any fix to this?

Recently done:

Air filter
MAF Cleaning
TB cleaning
fuel filter last year

Last edited:
Few things to check, spark plugs, if old replace, clean throttle body, carbon build up may have your butterfly sticking before releasing. Clean your mass air flow sensor (be sure and use special spray cleaner only) and clean air filter always helps too.
Hopefully you’ll see an improvement!

I don't know if what you're talking about is the time needed for the trans. (or torque converter) to spin up & engage (?), so the engine already reving but the power is not there for half a second or one. If so, then I have the same thing with the diesel and 4spd:)

I don't know if what you're talking about is the time needed for the trans. (or torque converter) to spin up & engage (?), so the engine already reving but the power is not there for half a second or one. If so, then I have the same thing with the diesel and 4spd:)

Sounds like the same issue i'm talking about! 2000 lx470 not diesel tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom