Throttle Body Spacer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How many of you are using one? If so, what kind? Can you tell any difference at all with one installed. They have claims of more horsepower and gas mileage, but I would like to hear yall's word for it. Seems like a cheap and easy upgrade, but is it worth it.

I put a Helix TBS in mine. It was clearly marked for a LC, but upon install, the bracket bolt pattern was wrong. I fabricated one and it installed fine. However, with that and the K&N combined, the intake tube is awfully close to the fan.

Anyhow, did I notice a difference? Uhhhh... not really. It does make a cool whistling sound though. Kinda like a vacuum tube has come loose.

Conventional wisdom is that they are totally worthless. Seriously, Toyota would save tens of millions of dollars in federal gas fees if all their cars and trucks got 1 mpg better by the installation of a $10 part.

I just don't buy it:rolleyes:

Some days I lack conventional wisdom.

They work great, along with a tornado on the intake, magnets for the fuel lines, and some prolong lube. Use all of them and you will be $200 poorer and if your lucky, your truck will work as well as stock.

cary said:
They work great, along with a tornado on the intake, magnets for the fuel lines, and some prolong lube. Use all of them and you will be $200 poorer and if your lucky, your truck will work as well as stock.
Or worse!

Ok, I took it out of my signature. That means I don't have one anymore either. It's gone, outta here. Never had it. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom