Threaded Union for 1KZ-TE Water Bypass? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chap79

Wheel. Break. Fix. Repeat.
SILVER Star
Threads
On my replacement 1KZ-TE cylinder head (94 KZJ78) the water bypass union under the #3 intake is threaded vs pressed. Does anyone happen to know the part number for a threaded union? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Old
8A843F34-3605-4AFF-8D89-EA080EF4167F.jpeg

New
D8A6889C-A579-49E9-9698-BBC9FD4ED19E.jpeg

Site I use alot for this kind of thing is "partsouq.com", punch in your vin/frame numer and take a boo. Site uses oem parts diagrams, has pics of most individual parts. Lots of stock for non us models, pricing is usually very competitive. Handy place to match part numbers across applications as well as source something like this.

Last edited:
Site I use alot for this kind of thing is "partsouq.com", punch in your vin/frame numer and take a boo. Site uses oem parts diagrams, has pics of most individual parts. Lots of stock for non us models, pricing is usually very competitive. Handy place to match part numbers across applications as well as source something like this.
That was the first thing I tried. All I can find is either the drain or the pressed in union for the heads. Hoping someone that has replaced their head with the newer model may have some advice.

Alternatively, thread appears to be tapered at a glance, previous experience would indicate most likely a British Standard Pipe Thread, can get your hands on a few BSPT fittings and match up. If you're crafty may be able to make a suitable fitting out the drain.

:doh: That would explain why none of the SAE, NPT, or metric thread pitches worked. And I hadn’t even had any egg nog yet.

Engine is all back together. Replacement union ended up being 1/4 BSPT male to 3/8” ID hose barb in case anyone runs into this in the future.

On my replacement 1KZ-TE cylinder head (94 KZJ78) the water bypass union under the #3 intake is threaded vs pressed. Does anyone happen to know the part number for a threaded union? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Old
View attachment 3206556

New
View attachment 3206557

i think this might be it ?

but , its a solid gut instinct ... :)

90404-53066

90404-53066__19332.1613185720.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom