thoughts on a 1986 trooper 2.2 diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is a really clean 1986 Isuzu trooper 2.2 diesel for sale. It has me intrigued.
When I was a kid my uncle had a Trooper, he drove it forever, other than that I know nothing about the trooper. I understand that it is 30 yrs old. How reliable are the 2.2 diesels? Any info. is welcome.
Thanks

i've never had experience with the 2.2 diesel specifically, i can tell you that if you're just interested in the engine you should also search for chevy luvs, the 2.2 diesel was put in those as well. you might be able to find a super cheap one and just rob the engine out of it.

I think it would be cool, more of a neat vintage diesel novelty/investment and less of a great daily/heavy use off roader. If I'm not mistaken, it will have the C223T which was prone to bent rods, parts will likely be hard to come by in the US (its hard enough these days for my '95). I think its probably a better truck for a vintage 4x4/Isuzu fan then for a general purpose 4x4. My '95 has been non stop maintenance and its getting tougher with diminishing Isuzu support and parts availability. I can only imagine what a 10 year older truck will be like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom