Things you didn't know about your GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here you go. 470 pages of pure, unadulterated excitement!

The linked one is for '09 but you can download any manual from the Lexus owner's site.

I had been thinking about ordering one from eBay!

Pressing the unlock button on the remote and holding it for a couple seconds will roll down the windows and the moonroof opens. There's my contribution if no one else has mentioned it yet. That's a great feature for those miserable summer days when its been sitting there baking in the sun for hours.

I had been thinking about ordering one from eBay!

Pressing the unlock button on the remote and holding it for a couple seconds will roll down the windows and the moonroof opens. There's my contribution if no one else has mentioned it yet. That's a great feature for those miserable summer days when its been sitting there baking in the sun for hours.

Lexus will send you an owner's manual for free - no need to buy one.

The maintenance button off the Info window is quite useful for setting mileage or date reminders for maintenance items. oil/filer, tires, air filter, cabin filter, battery, coolant, brakes, etc. You can reset them, with either a date or a mileage amount, and it will count down for those items.

The Maint Required light starts flashing when the oil gets down to about 1500 to 1000 miles left on the cycle. as it gets closer to the interval the flashing lasts longer on startup, eventually staying solid.

And the last nugget...If youre doing your first oil change on the truck yourself, make sure someone prior didnt cut off the tabs on the skid plate that allow it to swing down, and not hurl itself at your head like a japanese kamakazai plane in WW II.

I didn't know that you had to have the key on when bleeding the back brakes. If you try to bleed the back brakes the "ol skool" way (helper pumping and holding brake pedal while you get under vehicle and open bleed screw) no fluid will come out of the back brakes. However, with the key on and a helper pressing brake pedal, brake fluid will pump out with gusto as you open the bleed screw. Rear brakes only.

:bang:

After spending 1 night in the tent with wind gusts up to 40mph. We moved all the stuff into the tent, the 120 with the 2nd row seats removed comfortably sleeps 2 up to 6' tall and fits two Nemo Astro air pads perfectly

MVIMG_20180212_091621.jpg

After spending 1 night in the tent with wind gusts up to 40mph. We moved all the stuff into the tent, the 120 with the 2nd row seats removed comfortably sleeps 2 up to 6' tall and fits two Nemo Astro air pads perfectly

View attachment 1631997
Haha, reminds me of the time we got caught in a gnarly dust storm in Death Valley. We slept in sleeping bags in the drivers and passenger seats because we had too much crap to sleep in the back.

I like that attic storage, agree pics are needed.

Let’s see some more on the attic rack storage.

That looks nice, might need this summer. Thought someone else did something like that, Susan?

Here is mine.

Windows and sunroof not operating following battery disconnect? Restore windows and sunroof function by running them individually open and close fully one time.

that could be my least favorite feature of the 120... although when I bought the thing I did try to use the "windows don't work" as bargaining power. But it bugs me the windows don't work right away.

I just noticed that the middle piece in the cup holders adjusts to different size cups but still not that good.

G'

Not sure what Lexus calls this feature but I really love starting my GX up. Not needing to hold the key until it fires up. Maybe it’s cause I came from an 80 that took a couple seconds to start.

Not sure what Lexus calls this feature but I really love starting my GX up. Not needing to hold the key until it fires up. Maybe it’s cause I came from an 80 that took a couple seconds to start.

Yeah, my son is a Lexus Tech and he showed me that little trick. The downside is I now fail to start any car you have to turn and hold the key :doh:

I just realized it did this a year ago lol.

thx I'll give it try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom