Things you didn't know about your GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched and could not find a list like other forums about small things you didn't know about your GX.

Compared to an LX this is not an all wheel drive but a 4-wheel drive and only when enabled.

G'

And you lose the vsc nanny!

GX is full time 4x4 (awd) unless the center diff lock is engaged. Then it is mechanically a traditional 4x4 with open front and rear diffs. Is that not how the 100 series functions?

GX470 is full time AWD (4wd is a Toyota marketing term for AWD), when you lock the CDL you are in 4x4. I'm pretty sure that's how the 100 series works as well.

GX470 is full time AWD (4wd is a Toyota marketing term for AWD), when you lock the CDL you are in 4x4. I'm pretty sure that's how the 100 series works as well.
Thanks for clarifying that.

Are there any other things not so obvious about the GX?

Thanks for clarifying that.

Are there any other things not so obvious about the GX?

It's a 4th gen 4Runner V8 Ltd. underneath, a Land Cruiser Prado 120 body on top, with a Lexus specific interior. The rear door opens the wrong way. If you press and hold the unlock button the windows roll down and sunroof opens.

What I didn't know about my GX? Well, I didn't know that the back window had been replaced, at least not until I went to install a camera. Found a ton of broken glass and that the defroster was still plugged into the broken glass pieces instead of the new window.

What I didn't know about my GX? Well, I didn't know that the back window had been replaced, at least not until I went to install a camera. Found a ton of broken glass and that the defroster was still plugged into the broken glass pieces instead of the new window.

My rear wiper doesn't work, but the rear defroster does. My 80 is the opposite (PO did a piss-poor window install).

I had my GX over a year before I noticed the mirrors tilt down when you're in reverse. Also, the cupholders are terrible.

The side mirrors will only tilt down for reverse if switch is left in the middle setting. Leave it on L or R setting and they won’t tilt for those of us that can drive :p

That's interesting, ours is the opposite, have to leave it on L or R for them TO tilt... Maybe they pinned it backwards...

That's interesting, ours is the opposite, have to leave it on L or R for them TO tilt... Maybe they pinned it backwards...

I'm pretty sure mine works so the switch needs to be on L or R and the corresponding mirror is the only one that tilts down in reverse.

The original shocks have actuators that adjust the damping (you know this part) but this is controlled not only by the switch near the shifter, but also by the vehicle stability control computer.

Are the side mirrors heated ? Like when I turn the rear defrost on
It usually is on most cars...

There is a button for side mirror defrost.

Where is this button?
2958_1150761_13497268_6431821432017_90.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom