Wanted these blinker and headlight stalk trim pieces (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i cant seem to locate these on any parts fiche, LHD if it matters

9087E247-B4CF-478B-A37D-EE429C50A6EE.jpeg

I didn't know those cool little things existed. Did you find a source?

Interesting. Those would be nice to have instead of a big open hole with wires exposed.

I can tell you now that those insert covers do not come with the steering column plastic clamshell NOR with the stalk assembly NOR with the actual steering wheel. I replaced all three recently.

I just spent some time looking as well. Strange they are on no diagrams.

Where is that image from? Which build thread? I'm curious if that stalk came from a newer style 70 series.

Looks like the parts supplier stiffed me on my boots then!

843106A120-0.jpg

The later ones have a different steering column cover that corresponds with the switch assembly you buy.

You need a switch from the same time period along with the corresponding steering column cover. They are "paired."

The later ones have a different steering column cover that corresponds with the switch assembly you buy.

You need a switch from the same time period along with the corresponding steering column cover. They are "paired."
Right on. I believe that stalk assembly is from a 60-series, so it wouldn't fit my 70 anyways.

I would LOVE to find these plugs for my 77.

i have not found a source for them, either factory or aftermarket, and you think they would be aftermarket somewhere, maybe this is something @bhicks would want to try.

ATL, you kinda got stiffed as they are part of the stalks part number as an assembly, but as you know, they arent included and i cant find them anywhere.

i have not found a source for them, either factory or aftermarket, and you think they would be aftermarket somewhere, maybe this is something @bhicks would want to try.

ATL, you kinda got stiffed as they are part of the stalks part number as an assembly, but as you know, they arent included and i cant find them anywhere.
We are always open to developing a new product as long as one condition is present. There needs to be demand for it. After doing this for 12 years I have figured out that on average we have to sell at least 20 units of any part before we can even break even on our cost to develop. If there are not at least 20 folks who need/want this part then we are guaranteed to take a loss. Learned that lesson the hard way too many times. Maybe start a new thread to see if others need this? If the numbers are there, then I'm happy to develop it. That philosophy applies to any product you guys want developed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom