thermostat housing gasket question (3B) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MoJ

Threads
The gasket in this pic has a slightly raised black ring on one side. Does it go in facing upward or facing downward?

Also -
The new thermostat (oem) has 82 C stamped on it, the old one had 88 C. The lower opening temp should be advantageous, correct?

Thanks.
Jason
t-stat gasket.jpg

I'm not an expert, but it looks like it goes down, is there a ridge there for that rasied ring to sit in?

I looked in the manual and it is no help.

Anyone installed this before? It's a oem gasket.

MoJ said:
The gasket in this pic has a slightly raised black ring on one side. Does it go in facing upward or facing downward?

Also -
The new thermostat (oem) has 82 C stamped on it, the old one had 88 C. The lower opening temp should be advantageous, correct?

Thanks.
Jason

Jason,

First, drop in your new T-stat, then install your gasket with the ring facing UP. Then your housing. I also run a very light bead of silicon on both metal surfaces to ensure a tight seal. Your 82C T-stat is a warm weather spec, the 88C is cold weather spec. The 82C will help the truck run cooler in warm temps...that's the T-stat I run here in CA where it gets very warm in the summer. Is it an advantage? only in extrememly warm temps...

HTH

Brett - Thanks a ton. I couldn't find the gasket ring info anywhere.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom