thermostat guide/housing question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of reassembling my 97 LC 40th AE. I'm putting the two thermostat housings on, but it looks like there should be three studs and one bolt on the 'guide where the heater pipe bolts to. If I use 4 studs, it looks like it will be impossible to reattach the A/C line. Amayama parts diagram lists 3 studs, but no mention of a bolt. FSM isn't very helpful either. If anyone has a picture, that would be helpful. Thanks.

therm3.jpg

One pic I have from replacing my stuck open thermostat a few years ago. Not sure if it shows 'enough' ?

cheers,
george.

Oh, I'm s/charged, that's the thing hanging down and with the boss.

cheers,
george.

There are three studs and bolt. The studs, and their nuts, retain the thermostat housing (cover); looking at the exhaust side of the engine, they are top left and right and lower left. The lower right corner has a bolt (or screw, actually) retaining the thermostat housing against the block. The fiche pages suck on this. The parts are not clear at all.

Got it! Thank you all. I took it all apart back in September, but haven't had time to put everything back together until now. Was a little hazy on what went where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom