"THE RED TIDE" build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3508207098_52185c478f.jpg

god talk about red tide where was that taken? Chelsy beach?:lol::cheers:

GOOD LORD i hope you put it out of its misery after you took that photo

Sexy zombie night made possible by GWAR woot!

well today was Jen's birthday so being the great husband that I am I got her what she wanted :cool: just have to finish the engine lift tires and bumpers before I install it
radio.jpg

Nice build! Just catching up to this now.

And here I was not wondering why you were driving an 80 at your mystery wheeling down south.., :idea:

Wife and I finished painting the axles tonight with POR-15 i will top coat tomorrow with black spray paint for UV protection
oh and yah i could care less about the basement floor, i need to rip that tile up and epoxy it:D

forgot pic
axle paint.jpg

received a set of pan hard adjusters from Frankie (FOR) and burned them in last night:beer:
pan1.jpg
pan6.jpg
pan5.jpg

well i finally had some free time to work on the red tide the wife and i washed and waxed the 80 today and decided to get rid of the port installed luggage rack on the roof. looked over the sunroof drains and found the the rear drivers side drain was disconnected so Jen and i dropped the headliner and fixed that.
after all that we put the Arb on and the adjustable panhard bars in dident have time to drop the winch in tho
just anouther nice relaxing sunday with the wife
005_800x600.jpg
004_800x600.jpg
003_800x600.jpg

^ Ha Ha That's how my 80 looked when I bought it.

^ Ha Ha That's how my 80 looked when I bought it.
funny i was actual thinnking of you and your 80 once i bolted the arb on :cheers:

Looking good Nate. I can't wait to see jen put that 80 where Chris puts his!!!

Looking good Nate. I can't wait to see jen put that 80 where Chris puts his!!!

lets hope not Chris get that 80 in to some crazy spots:D

btw im using the winch off the 4runner and its only a 9000lb told her she going to have to carry around a snatch block her response was..."these 80 don't get stuck and 40's only way around 5000lbs it will work great extacting them just fine":flipoff2: to funny of course she knows my next project is a 40:lol:

did some work to the engine today first scraped the block down for the head gasket then took the needler to the side of the block and got rid of any rust so i can get some paint on it :cool:

later on Rick and i went into checking all the talerences on the bearings and piston rings, all the piston rings were in standard clearance spec so we moved on to plastigaging connecting rod bearings and crankshaft bearings which were all in standard clearance spec... um WOW:eek: considering this engine has 260,000 original miles on it withe the original head gasket yah we were both amazed at the condition of the engine
the next step is to get'er back together this week and drop it in :wrench:
should be a good 5th year anniversary present for the wife:D

yesterday rick and i finished swapping in some freshly rebuilt axles into the red tide accompanied by HD 1/4 wall dom rear links, HD pan hard adjusters forward and aft, HD sway bar links forward and aft, extended break lines, slee 4" lift, landtank caster plates and some new break fluid and diff fluid:D
just need to rebuild the frount diff cause its got a bad pinion bearing :bang:

also need to get something besides roler scates for this thing to role on:steer:

and a new rear diff acuator this one if f*%ked:hmm::bang::idea::bang::censor:
009_800x600.jpg
010_800x600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom