The Red Devil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Safe travels and great trip :cheers:

Thanks Volunteer.

So today I swapped out the headlight. We'll see how this new one holds up over time.
1275660-9c64c3eda5d06c5bed25a37b0c46220c.jpg

And we got this awesome Pelican cooler as a gift for coordinating a friend's wedding. We've used it once here at the house so far and it is pretty amazing. IMO they are a lot nicer than YETI's. They just have more functional features to them. We'll be testing it more throughly this weekend up at Big South Fork. :D

IMG_3377.jpg

Last edited:
Success on the weekend!

Bandy Creek in Big South Fork was super fun. We camped two nights and did a 7 mile hike on Saturday. Sunday was nice and relaxed. On our way home we did a little exploring around the area on some "Unimproved Roads".

We hiked the Grand Gap Loop trail (6.8 Miles). The weather was perfect (Mid 80's) and the trail was fun. There were a few overlooks and not too much elevation change. We did run into a handful of mountain bikers on the trail which looked like it would have been super fun.

IMG_3393.jpg

IMG_3403.JPG

The Red Devil did perfect. No problems from from roughly a 350 mile round trip. We got a little dirt on the tires but nothing major.

We did find a road on Sunday (Today) we thought would take us down to the river just outside Oneida, Tn but that proved a bad idea for solo mission...
I really didn't want to get stuck and so we passed on taking trails down to the river.

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

Two weeks ago we did an overnighter at a local land preserve as a part of a MTB trail building weekend. It had been raining quite a bit so the water fall was awesome! But it did rain on us just as we got camp set up. We were able to pull a tarp over the tent quickly to save some dry ground.

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3485.JPG

Then is past weekend I decided to look over the truck in prep for a trip to Montgomery, AL. Good thing I did as I found a bad front wheel bearing. So I replaced both front bearings this week.

IMG_3503.jpg

Looks like a nice overnighter my kinda weekend :cheers: How many miles did you get out of those bearings?

Looks like a nice overnighter my kinda weekend :cheers: How many miles did you get out of those bearings?

It was a good weekend away from the house.

Well the truck has 186,xxx on it. The bad one had already been replaced once but it was missing the o-ring behind the bearing. So I assume that was reason it went bad prematurely. We have driven through water and some mud but nothing spectacular but without that o-ring I'm sure that let some of that junk in.... The other side was a factory part but who knows if it had been replaced before. It seemed ok but once I got it apart I was happy to replace it. It definitely was showing some wear.

We are finally prepping for the purchase of the lift, aux lights, and some other little things for the Red Devil! I've done tons of research on the type and kind of lift we need. I've settled for the OME 2 inch (885 springs, 90021 struts, and Dakar rear leaf springs). I'll be ordering it from OK4wd which seem to have the best price that I've found. Hopefully by the end of the month we'll pull the trigger on it.

For front aux lights I'm looking at those ARB knock off LED lights on amazon (9 inch round, 185W). They are super cheap for what they are. They also look great and seem to function pretty well. Anyone run these lights before?

We just got back from a one night camping trip at Prentice Cooper and a nice 8 mile drive on the 4x4 only, Haley's road. It was fun trip that we needed. Felt great to get out and enjoy the Red Devil and soak in the scenery.

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger on the OME lift from OK4WD. Super nice guys/gals. The lift should be here by the end of the month. Now I just have to order some new LCA's and we'll be ready for installation! :clap:

Parts are now stacking up in the garage!!

OME Lift
SPC UCA's
Factory LCA's
SCS F5 Wheels

:clap::clap::clap:

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

It took two days, one frozen cam adjuster and a whole lot of warm clothing but the OME lift is finally on. It went on super easy with only the exception being one cam adjuster which was persuaded by a BFH. I did the fronts on thursday and the rear on friday and was able to get it in for an alignment.

And of course I picked the coldest two days to do it on....

I've only driving it about 10 miles so far but it feels great! It rides so smooth and just soaks up the bumps. Now to get it off all this pavement and get the tires dirty. Speaking of tires.... They should be here today and later this coming week I'll have them mounted and balanced.

IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3686.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3691.jpg

And we have the wheels and tires mounted!

Overall I'm really happy with the truck. It drives great. The only thing I still have to do is cut the body mount.... I wasn't planning it with the research I did but turns out I will need to.

IMG_3725.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom