The Peregrinations & Misadventures of Brigadier D+/ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These are from the last two rides we had. I've got Raynaud's syndrome due to a blood pressure medication so I've been pretty miserable in the cold weather. Hopefully when I ride next it will be working its way out of my bloodstream so I'm happier on the trail. Briggy, tho, is happy as ever.
IMG_20191102_110709.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191110112756440_COVER.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20191110111206646.jpg

There was a foot race today so he had lots of things to look at and listen to. I'm sure he thought we had missed the race.

Hope you and Brigg are doing well. I saw this and thought of horse/human interactions

EfzGj3XUwAEh527

Briggy was living at my ex-husband's house, but the house sold so now he finds himself at a high-end dressage barn fussed over by girls in their 20s. I came to visit him one evening and he was soaking wet. I asked the barn manager why he was wet and she said: oh, he was sweaty after his turnout, so I gave him a bath. And his best friend is an 18-hand warmblood who towers over him. Everyone loves him. Nothing new there.

The night I dropped him off at the new farm, our landlord called me to say he was selling our house. Home prices are up 40% in our area because everyone has flocked here from NYC and all the rentals have been scooped up. This put us in the position of buying a home, inevitably overpaying for it, when Onur lost his aviation job the month before.

In any case, I sold my horse trailer to help pay for the house, so will only be riding around the farm for awhile. But on the bright side, we really like the house we are buying and it has 6 acres, so we could bring Briggy home eventually. It's been a pretty rough summer but we are trying to be positive.

IMG_20200701_201513.jpg

IMG_20200701_170806.jpg

IMG_20200701_160629.jpg

MVIMG_20200702_204831.jpg

IMG_20200702_203211.jpg

Briggy was living at my ex-husband's house, but the house sold so now he finds himself at a high-end dressage barn fussed over by girls in their 20s. I came to visit him one evening and he was soaking wet. I asked the barn manager why he was wet and she said: oh, he was sweaty after his turnout, so I gave him a bath. And his best friend is an 18-hand warmblood who towers over him. Everyone loves him. Nothing new there.

The night I dropped him off at the new farm, our landlord called me to say he was selling our house. Home prices are up 40% in our area because everyone has flocked here from NYC and all the rentals have been scooped up. This put us in the position of buying a home, inevitably overpaying for it, when Onur lost his aviation job the month before.

In any case, I sold my horse trailer to help pay for the house, so will only be riding around the farm for awhile. But on the bright side, we really like the house we are buying and it has 6 acres, so we could bring Briggy home eventually. It's been a pretty rough summer but we are trying to be positive.

View attachment 2412218

View attachment 2412219

View attachment 2412222

View attachment 2412224

View attachment 2412225
Here’s hoping that everything works out for y’all. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom