The FJ Company - 1964 FJ45LV Signature Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They do what their customers want an illusion of a vintage car.
If there isn`t a market they would´ t do it and that`s all.:)
Not my cup of tea
Cheers Peter

Well said.

People can't take a dump on the venerable F-engine and still call their build a "restoration."

"We build them like they used to" is simply not true.

"We build them like they used to" is simply not true.

Yes, definitely outdated marketing banner on MUD. We're updating that ASAP.

The reality is we started doing our work mostly for collectors and enthusiasts that cared about originality, but that has changed. While we continue to do some classic builds (it's in our DNA), the lions share of our business are resto mods with modern Toyota gear.

My issue is starting with a clean original, it should be left that way. There are plenty of rough lv’s to resto mod. More metal work needed, but you are starting from the frame up anyway. Gas Monkey loves to butcher clean original classics, because it’s easier to start with a good solid car, I get it, but they built a resto mod for sonic and used an orignal 68 SS 396 Camaro convertible black on black!!! Matching numbers!!!!

I say to each his own or if you run a business what ever the customer wants. Personally I wouldn't have the heart to restmod a rare 45lv that had all the parts needed to restore it as original. If the motor was not the original motor though that is all I would need to go with a newer drive train. That said if I had an opportunity and could afford to buy a tastefully done restomod fj45lv with 80 axles and a modern toyota drivetrain, with the rest true to stock look, I would be all about it.
Looking at the rest of your work I expect this will be an awesome rig.
Can't wait to see what you do.

Subscribed

Onward with disassembly!

Tearing into a 54 year old vehicle, you never know what your gonna find! Luckily nothing too surprising here, very solid!

image_598493d5eb091_The-FJ-Company-1964-FJ45-LV-Land-Cruiser---Red-FJ45-15408---Restoration_003.jpg

What do you think... classic cluster or digital? hmmm :hmm:

image_598493bf8385f_The-FJ-Company-1964-FJ45-LV-Land-Cruiser---Red-FJ45-15408---Restoration_005.jpg

image_598493945ad56_The-FJ-Company-1964-FJ45-LV-Land-Cruiser---Red-FJ45-15408---Restoration_006.jpg

Good solid bones to work with

image_5984930fe3446_The-FJ-Company-1964-FJ45-LV-Land-Cruiser---Red-FJ45-15408---Restoration_011.jpg

These ribbed doors are in great shape!

image_5984935222ba0_The-FJ-Company-1964-FJ45-LV-Land-Cruiser---Red-FJ45-15408---Restoration_008.jpg

metal work and paint prep is next......any color preferences??

subscribed!! LOVE what yoy guys do.

I would do the same type builds if someone would pay me to do it. . :)

You know, no one said anything to @buckroseau when he built an amazing but also not original LV 10 years ago. And it’s now a sticky in the 45 section...

That’s was before the Market and flippers saw the money in LV’s and other 40-45 series cruisers...

Cheers! I like drivability and can’t wait to see what @The FJ Company comes up with with this one in their restored form.

However this particular LV is so legit original that it pains even my mindset to see it resto modded...

I know you guys have done a heath gray 43? (I think it was u guys) in the past... but... how about a heath gray and white two tone lv ... that looks great with the coral upholstery

Either way any color you guys use would have to be two tone... anything other than two tone just looks wrong on an lv to me :meh:

Love it, make it useable in the modern world. Make it so it can be driven across country in a reasonable time and some comfort. If I was spending that kind of money, I'd want the best body and parts I could find. Screw keeping it stock, nobody here would drop $100,000 plus and only drive it to the coffee shop on Sunday. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

I've always liked this 45, painted my 55 like wise.

IMG_7284.JPG

It also pains me to see one like this one that is so original and with good bones to not be kept stock. But, I am for the most part a purist. I like the way the originals drive and just tractor along, that truly was the intent of the original designs. That said if it has to be resto moded, then I really like that FJ Company does stick with Toyota drivetrains. I have seen their work up close several times and the work, craft and attention to detail is most impressive. My favorite is still probably the Sky Blue ‘78 that they auctioned off at RM Auctions in Scottsdale a few years back, immaculate. Anxious to see what direction they take on this beauty!

If you don’t mind, I’d love to make some suggestions for this build.

This is one of the best engines to date. I’d suggest over the frame headers and either an Edelbrock or quadrajet carb. I wouldn’t mess with efi. Too much work.

61693BE6-ABCB-40A7-9EE5-F56D7E6BD146.jpeg

These are some of the best looking tail lights for an old cruiser. You can get them at any Walmart or from quadratec.com.

A65C7C4F-5855-4CD2-B8B4-FA9F29060F86.jpeg

Also have you thought about axles? Id lose the stock ones they are garbage. Maybe consider some pro rock Dana 44s. Or some junkyard 1 tons.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom