The FJ Company - 1964 FJ45LV Signature Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Coolerman if you will believe me, by an odd coincidence, I had written the very same letter, and was just this very minute packing a box with my own 40 in it. :)

You guys crack me up...this has been entertaining to say the least....but back to building!

Body and frame were separated for frame measurements and body prep

image_59c959150c387_The-FJ-Company-1964-FJ45-LV-Land-Cruiser---Red-FJ45-15408---Restoration_020.jpg

Fully stripped down to bare metal

image_59c915737d309_The-FJ-Company-1964-FJ45-LV-Land-Cruiser---Red-FJ45-15408---Restoration_022.jpg

Then re-assembled in raw form to make sure everything is copacetic

image_59fa1f8640f43_The-FJ-Company-1964-FJ45-LV-Land-Cruiser---Red-FJ45-15408---Restoration_028.jpg

Then back off to head into paint!!! About to get real good!

image_5a26f8df77a3c_The-FJ-Company-1964-FJ45-LV-Land-Cruiser---Red-FJ45-15408---Restoration_033.jpg

The color is chosen, you guys are gonna love it!!!
Did you guys swap the rib out to fit a brake booster in the last picture?

That is definitely a Nantucket Island , once a month in the summer, million dollar statement. Personally, I love the heritage , but after this build, no where near an original Toyota.
Exactly! This is what we've always wanted Toyota to do, come out with a modern version of the old 40 series.

Very special truck. I dig the 4 wheel discs thats a better upgrade than the motor. To take your cruisers next level you need to introduce the toyota diesels. 2H, 12HT, 1HZ, 1HD-t (ft, fte), or even the 1VD to name the best of em. You'd be sitting on a gold mine with a 1VD in a 70:)

To each their own. Respect for the hard work, and process that likely helps the community when we are restoring ours. But you've destroyed an original - which is a shame. Restomod's ruin it for me. What I have seen an F engine do and pull, is nothing short of a miracle. No, its not a powerhouse or mall cruiser, but the F engine is amazing for what it is. It also kills me to see this wonky interior and stripped dash. The beautiful layout of the "FD" knob and front drive lever made that dash. This is like taking a Picasso and cutting it to fit in a modern frame because the wealthy owner thought it was "too big" for his wall and the size made it difficult to move around. It there a more negative word than "travesty"? Well, insert it here.
Your other actual "restorations" on the other hand? Nothing short of perfection.

Last edited:
Exactly! This is what we've always wanted Toyota to do, come out with a modern version of the old 40 series.

You really cannot do that. Reason is safety, airbags, etc... The FJ Cruiser was about as close as they got. Actually the new Landcruisers are very functional , but, they still must adhere to all new regulations. Not to say they are close to 100,000.00 ? One thing to consider, the more restomods that happen, the more valuable the originals will be.

A buddy of mine just bought a new j##p and when I crawled underneath it, there was soo much unrecognizable stuff under there I couldn't believe it. Made the space shuttle look like a Model A.

A buddy of mine just bought a new j##p and when I crawled underneath it, there was soo much unrecognizable stuff under there I couldn't believe it. Made the space shuttle look like a Model A.

Exactly, the days of basic stuff is well over.. I have been saying this. Best thing we have in these FJ40s is the VIN number into perpetuity.

I like the outside looks where the original lines have been maintained but I can't say the interior appeals much to my personal taste. Looks like a Porsche in there. My junker would never be confused with a Porsche.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom