The First ONSC Triangle Chapter HAMOM-APRIL 21st (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm going to get started around 10AM and I think Carlos may come over early as well. Anyone is welcome to come at whatever time they want, but I would think you could eat a light lunch and come after. I will plan on dinner around 5PM or so, if that's cool w/ everyone.

PS - I only have a Weber here, no pig cooker.... grrrrrr, it's gonna' just be a Boston Butt.

I talked to Casey today and I he's going to call me tomorrow. I'll prolly just swing by his place sometime b/w now and sat.

Thanks!

Does anyone have brass drifts we can use? I am having a hard time tracking some down, and I don't have any.

Thanks,
Ramon

If you can deal with the cheap factor, Harbor Freight off Capital could have some, $10.

Does anyone have brass drifts we can use? I am having a hard time tracking some down, and I don't have any.

Thanks,
Ramon

I have one drift I'll bring, it's about 6" long and 1/2 round, perfect for the cone washers on Aisin hubs.

Northern Tool on Buck Jones near Crossroads has them as well.

Excellent. What time you coming Joe?

Just work clothes :) and an appetite....see you tomorrow!!

Last edited:
sorry i missed it guys. I have two trees down from the wind Monday and they took part of my fence out so I had to get that mess cleaned up, then the girls wanted to go to dinner so........

I'll try to make it next time pending no natural disaster.

I don't want to spoil Raymond's summary, but I will say things went well, the pork was awesome, and we had a great, fun day with perfect weather!

I want to take the time to thank everyone who came over today. It would really have been a PITA to do by myself. These guys even insisted on completing the job when the last few things were left and it was getting a little past feedin' time and even helped me clean up. Good stuff!

My knuckles were full of 90wt, no grease. Somehow, there was not any damage to speak of. Even the knuckle bearings were decent. I opted just to repack the wheel bearing since they looked great. Also, I was able to use the new Marlin Heavy Duty axle seals, which are a nice product. I meant to take a picture of all of us grease monkeys, but of course forgot....I think Juan wins the Pig Pen award!

For those who aren't aware, brakes will not hold the rotor assembly still if the caliper has been disconnected and is laying on the spring pack:)

Hope everyone enjoyed the Q.

Thanks agian guys!!!

Ramon

Man, I wish I would have known about this Hamon stuff sooner. I would have come.... Im in Boone, whats the farthest reasonable distance to expect to travel for a Hamon??

Thanks

Sorry I couldn't make it.. I had to stay at work till 2am on friday(Server went bananas and had to recover a whole buncha data) Not even my alarm clock could wake me up that early...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom