The Cove (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Marius, my brother and I went out this past weekend for a little fun. After the storms on Friday we cleared 9 trees out the trail and I have suddenly realized how out of shape I have become...lol. We also managed to fill up 3 bags of garbage and spent about 12 hours clearing trees and hunting for a manageable place to cross the creeks. It ended up being a great day and I look forward to returning very soon.

Big thanks to Willy for being our guide!

CoppingerBryantCove006DesktopResolu.jpg

CoppingerBryantCove015DesktopResolu.jpg

CoppingerBryantCove028DesktopResolu.jpg

CoppingerBryantCove038DesktopResolu.jpg

CoppingerBryantCove040DesktopResolu.jpg

CoppingerBryantCove056DesktopResolu.jpg

CoppingerBryantCove058DesktopResolu.jpg

CoppingerBryantCove065DesktopResolu.jpg

CoppingerBryantCove050DesktopResolu.jpg

CoppingerBryantCove072DesktopResolu.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that! Cool video of the FJ, looks like a cool place to go.

good eye BillRilley, that is "AC"

Is this "air conditioner" cave? That cave is probably 40-50 feet high with no water but in that picture it looks like it has 45 feet worth of water in it.

good eye BillRilley, that is "AC"

Sure is. Here is a picture from around the same time last year. Looking out of AC

DSC00045.jpg

Wow, had no idea you guys were heading to the Cove! Bo, one of these days we'll get our schedules in synch. We figured the Sequatchie valley would be flooded, so we drove up towards Tracy City and hit the trails around Oak Grove - where folks seem to be growing rocks, loading 'em on pallets, and trucking them away. Found the church where only 34 out of 35 were "Saved" - I think one poor soul drowned during the baptism. And took the trail to the right following Lil Sequatchie Crk until we got to where it meets Douglas Crk and around to Sewanee Gulf. Then up the mtn on a steep rocky climb out to Tracy City.
CoppCove25.jpg

DSC05138.jpg

DSC05158.jpg

DSC05164.jpg

DSC05196.jpg

Last edited:
I would be so down for a ride like this... A little time to get back to the basics, and just relax... This is the rides that made me fall in love with rock crawling...

Send message when going again.. I got a Wifes 100, that could go, or the FJ40, leaving the Buggy in the garage...

Sure thing! I am sure we will be heading back out again very soon.

Any chance you know any of the trails up around Lewis Chapel?

Hate to tag along, but I would love to be in the loop on a cool trail ride like this one! Y'all keep me informed...

Cheers,

Joel

Yes and NO on Lewis Chapel, its getting lots of ride time, most guys just go, cause...

Well I have herd stories of cops called and vehicles taken for unlawful entry to private property.

Then some areas you can enter, thru lease property, but I dont know anyone close enough... I dont go ride cause some has a uncle who has a uncle on the lease...

In my opinion this random usage of private property is what has caused the problem we have with no where to ride... Sorry to rant on... But I have yet to know someone, who rides there, that actually owns the property, or is actually on the lease.

Yes and NO on Lewis Chapel, its getting lots of ride time, most guys just go, cause...

Well I have herd stories of cops called and vehicles taken for unlawful entry to private property.

Then some areas you can enter, thru lease property, but I dont know anyone close enough... I dont go ride cause some has a uncle who has a uncle on the lease...

In my opinion this random usage of private property is what has caused the problem we have with no where to ride... Sorry to rant on... But I have yet to know someone, who rides there, that actually owns the property, or is actually on the lease.

This is actually the exact kind of answer I was looking for. Sounds like I will just stay away or at least stay away until I meet the uncle of a brothers roommate who is on a lease.:D

Thanks!

Wow Andy! For someone who doesn't like mud, you sure are covered up in it...:grinpimp:

Wow, mucky... Is that at the Cove as well? Looks like it smells good:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom