The Beginnings of Something Different - Car Hauler RTT Camper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drool.

t72QJqB.png

I'm betting this would be way over the capabilities of my 3/4 ton truck. I do like the color scheme.

Time for an upgrade...... ;)

20140615_141041.jpg

Unfortunately I blew all my money on the 40, lol

you can actually find them for surprisingly cheap.... my father in law bought his with a brand new motor installed for 8900.... and it is an auto to boot so my mother in law can drive it also. has over 1 million miles on the chassis now. Removed one rear axle and insures it as a RV for about $100 a year. And I can confirm a 6'8 man can sleep comfortably in the sleeper cab part as I did in may.

I'd never thought about one before but got me thinking for the future.

you can actually find them for surprisingly cheap.... my father in law bought his with a brand new motor installed for 8900.... and it is an auto to boot so my mother in law can drive it also. has over 1 million miles on the chassis now. Removed one rear axle and insures it as a RV for about $100 a year. And I can confirm a 6'8 man can sleep comfortably in the sleeper cab part as I did in may.

I'd never thought about one before but got me thinking for the future.

I would've never thought that as well. I guess that makes sense tho as once they get higher miles on them, it's cheaper for a trucker to purchase new vs keeping up with high maintenance cost based on the miles they put on them.

I would've never thought that as well. I guess that makes sense tho as once they get higher miles on them, it's cheaper for a trucker to purchase new vs keeping up with high maintenance cost based on the miles they put on them.

I think he got a deal above the norm because cheapest i've found is 10,000k. He found it at a business in upstate NY that specializes in selling used Semi's. Bought it flew out and drove it all the was back to Los Angeles.

I will say that you aren't the most popular person in the camp site if you leave early at 5am though.

This is his, he paid to have it repainted to match the 5th wheel it used to be the penske yellow and showed its mileage

18740317_10154785430132875_2801990656252601698_n.jpg

He is currently modifying it so he can fit a SWB jeep or Samurai on the back and still tow the camper.

man there is some varsity level enablement going on in this thread. ;)

Good thing I'm strong and stubborn...and will likely go against all suggestions. Or is this reverse enabling? The black-belt ninja enablement strategy.

I think he got a deal above the norm because cheapest i've found is 10,000k. He found it at a business in upstate NY that specializes in selling used Semi's. Bought it flew out and drove it all the was back to Los Angeles.

I will say that you aren't the most popular person in the camp site if you leave early at 5am though.

This is his, he paid to have it repainted to match the 5th wheel it used to be the penske yellow and showed its mileage

18740317_10154785430132875_2801990656252601698_n.jpg

He is currently modifying it so he can fit a SWB jeep or Samurai on the back and still tow the camper.

I've got a nice 1st gen 4r that would look better than a jeep or Sammy. ;)

I've got a nice 1st gen 4r that would look better than a jeep or Sammy. ;)

too long, only yota 4x4 that would fit is a blizzard...... not too many of those around here. LOL

Well, it was worth a shot...

He's had yotas before and would prefer one but just not in the cards for the space he is working with.

I understand your requirements and love the idea that Johnny and I have talked about before. A goose neck with a camper like the example above.

The only real practical solution I was able to come up with for my particular needs was an enclosed trailer.
I have slept in it on long hauls while moving to NC from FL. currently using it as a storage until I finish building my shed. So I figure I can actually deduct $100 a month off my purchase price because that is what I would be paying each month to rent a storage container.

Depending on my future needs I might build up the front portion of the trailer as a small living quarters and still have room to haul my toy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom