1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks yoyokid

Discussion in 'CA- L.A. County Trailcrew' started by 65swb45, Mar 28, 2016.

1. 65swb45

65swb45 Elder Statesman Supporting Vendor

Just got back from 8 days in Saline. The first four the weather was warm and calm, and I really got to enjoy the shade cover Doug gave me last fall.
    image.jpeg

pngunme and FJ60Seth like this.
  2. YOYOKID

YOYOKID

Media:
    Albums:
    Looks Good... best deal from Costco...

I'm glad you had fun.

3. pngunme

pngunme SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Mark: Camping remote locations, with huge skies, are the times for which we live!!

65swb45 likes this.
  4. pngunme

pngunme SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Mark,

I'm jonesing over your triangle shade cover!! I already have several telescoping poles and have been using a rectangular tarp... Necessitates one more pole than yours.

So, I bought the only one Costco had for $29.99 - it has three 13' sides and came with ropes attached.

Before I open/use it, do you get plenty of shade from the wider center? I last took geometry in 1963...

Thanks!!

5. 65swb45

65swb45 Elder Statesman Supporting Vendor

Danny

I didn't even know this thing existed until last year. Call it Cruiser karma. I went over to yoyokid's house to help him swap a 4 speed trans into his 40 last summer. Hottest day of the year. Took a cooler full of fluids with me. I get there and he's got one of these things hanging off the front of his garage. I was super impressed that it blocked a lot of the sun, but was nowhere near as stifling as being under an easy-up.

So he bought me one as a token of appreciation. I took it to a desert party I went to at the end of September. Long hot weekend. Again, lots of canopies. I set up shop playing guitar on a couch outside the living room of the house. Once the sun got overhead, I got that shade out of the bag, we strung it out to a tree and I kid you not, it became one of the hubs of the party. I literally had to leave it behind and pick it up on my next pass thru Palmdale.

You will not be disappointed.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    pngunme likes this.
  6. pngunme

pngunme SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:

Sounds great!! Thanks guy!!

I always wanted to play the guitar!!