Thanks Mark aka Krusty Krab! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

spressomon

glutton
SILVER Star
Threads
Some of you may know Mark Weeks aka Krusty Krab is an Audiologist. Its only been, oh, about 20-years since my last hearing test and I've been wanting a set of custom molded ear pieces/buds for my ear phones so it was good reason to look into doing both at the same time.

So I PM'd Mark and subsequently made an appointment for the quick drive to his office in Carson City (Nevada for you out of state viewers ;)) a few weeks ago. The hearing test only took about 15-minutes or so. And the molding process for the custom ear buds only took about the same amount of time.

A couple weeks later my custom molded ear buds came and they fit so nice! Comfortable and oh-so secure. And I can set the iPod volume much lower since the molded ear pieces have dropped out about 25dB of unwanted background noise!

So...just a quick public "Thank You" to you Mark for helping me out!

:cheers:

Your welcome Dan. By the way, I forgot to tell you there is a 60 day remake policy-for comfort and fit.

:idea:Same offer for all you guys in the club. Free hearing test and plugs at cost + tax + shipping. Plugs could be for hearing protection/comfort in our noisy rigs:clap: or for IPOD and your listening pleasure.

Thanks for the thanks Dan--It was good to see you and talk a bit.

So no hearing loss?

I have a dip at around 4kHz, a little more dB drop on my left ear, which is consistent with how my ears have been for 30-years. More than likely from hunting/shooting.

Like most, as I've gotten older and hopefully smarter, I never fire up a tool without ear, eye and lung protection. I just wish I would have been that diligent about same back in the day!

That is good to know! I have been wanting to get a set made for inside my helmet when I race. I will have to set up an appointment with Mark when I get back from Tennessee.

I may have to have a chat w/ him today about it.
Never realized that he could do that....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom