For Sale Texas: $11,000 Low Mileage 1997 80 Series Land Cruiser (Rusty Undercarriage) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Up for sale is a project that I will not be getting around to. Mileage is sitting a bit over 108,000

-Shiny original paint, that can be made to look really good with a polish. Minus the rusty rockers and hatch and a couple fender flares.
-Newish OEM cats,
-Borla Exhaust system in good shape
-brand new 285/75r16 BFG All Terrain's
-no lights on the dash

To make this a Midwest/Northeast daily driver, you will need to:
-rebuild knuckles and axle seals
-wire wheel and treat the chassis
-brakes, rotors and pads all around
-Fluid change for everything except engine oil. another few thousand left on it
-probably in your best interest to redo the hard and soft brake lines
-I have a rust free rear subframe that comes with the truck. Yes that is a magnet covering the tow hitch area because theres a big fat hole there.
-I have a set of running boards and fender flare caps that will cover the rocker rust if you don't want to fix it.
-I have a rust free rear hatch
-I have a rust free spare tire carrier
-gas filler neck (I have a new OEM one that comes with)
-Front main seal is seeping, nothing crazy yet.
-oil pump is seeping, nothing crazy yet

For it to be passable to someone that doesn't come from salty roads, I think it could be possible with everything above done with the addition of a new rear axle,

To make this a $30,000+ truck you will need to source a rust free rolling chassis, and swap frames. I have new bolts and bushings to do the body swap.

Let me know if you have any questions. I have a drop box link with a bunch of pictures. Send me a PM and I'll get it over to you.

IMG_0160 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0161 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0162 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0165 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0164 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0169 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0168 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0167 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0193 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0229 Medium.jpeg

Last edited:
you will need to source a rust free rolling chassis, and swap frames
Thanks for the pics. I'm new to the forum and not super mechanical so I have been wondering how much rust on the underbody is too much to restore.
I am the second owner of a 1998 UZJ100 and I've had it for about 9.5 years. 265K miles right now. I love it! It is getting to be quite a rusty machine, though. It lived the first 15 years of life in Chicago and 100% of its life in the Midwest's salty winters. I had it treated when I first bought it but it only slowed the rust progres.
Have been thinking about a renovation but not sure how to tell if it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom