Terrain Tamer Brake Rotors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you can get some TT stuff (including rotors) from Cruiser Brothers...but damn are they pricey. That was my reaction before seeing the negative reviews in this thread.

Agreed, mine warped (Ben's ex '08) while towing what I consider to be a mild load with working trailer brakes.
I was pulling some big hills on my way out to Gary's house, but using the gears and trying to conserve the brakes.
Glad this thread popped up again, I'd like to retract my complaint here.
I still have the same pads and rotors and have now towed a 40 series out to CO and back with zero problems or pulsating pedal.

Not sure what was going on back in my earlier post, maybe related to JohnVee's post below, but it seems to have cleared up.

I am also of the camp that lug nut torque has an impact on rotor warpage.

I've read plenty that "warped rotors" are most often actually rotors that have not had the pads bedded properly. I found this to be true in my '97 - the PO had installed new rotors, calipers and pads. They pulsed badly after a few hundred miles. He tried new pads; no go. He replaced rotors; same thing after a few hundred miles. Swears he knows how to bed pads. There was minimal pulsing when I bought it. It got worse rapidly. I found a method of "rebedding" and it worked like a champ. A few hundred miles later...pulsing. Apparently, the deposits that the pads can leave on the rotor during bedding can become cement-like and impossible to fully remove, so rebedding simply makes the matter worse after a while.

As an aside, NEVER let your brakes get really hot and then hold them at a stop. The heat can cause pad transfer that is irreversible.

Thoughts?

EBC pads on Factory Rotors have worked well for me. I had factory pads and they wore out in less then 20k miles, the EBC's have lasted almost twice that long with minimum rotor wear. I guess I will stick with stock rotors and EBC pads, witch grabbed harder and lasted longer.

My Factory rotors pulsed when they were first installed and it turned out to be the mechanic didn't get the hub to seat properly on the spindle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom