Tents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sac Cerevisiae

Reid
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking for a new ground tent setup for family camping/overlanding trips. The OzTent RV5 and the Kirkham's Springbar tent are currently at the top of the list. After Burning Man there could also be some "cheap" ShiftPods available.

Use case is car camping; focus more on comfort, square footage, and ease of setup over light weight and packing size.

Does anyone local have either of these tents that I could check out in person? Any other recommendations on tents that I should consider?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have used a quick setup tent I bought off of Amazon for years.

For one or two people, I really like my quick set-up (Pop-up tent), the frontrunner flip pop tent. It's on the small side but I can set up camp really fast. It's inexpensive and seems much better built than the cheap pop-up tents.

For three or more, I like REI Kingdom 4 tent. Very roomy.

I have had my eye on my the Gazelle Tents. These are quick setup and received good reviews from Overland Bound and others. But I can't justify buying another 4 person tent.

Last edited:
Gazelle Tent T4 is a poor mans Oz/Shiftpod hybrid. It's really a good bang for the buck, and you can find it on sale quite often. It'd say its fits 2 with room to spare, 3 easily, and 4 if you're not all using cots. Setup and take down is super fast and I prefer the long profile as it's easy to throw up on the rack. $250 on Amazon free shipping: Amazon product ASIN B01C6CS7P4

I caught a Kelty Outback 6 at the REI clearance sale that had almost no use. Been using it for 3 years. It has done well and was under $100 out the door

It is an Ozark Trail, I don't see a link to my exact one though that could be because the tent is years old.

It is a smaller version of this....

Tent

Just got our White Duck Spring Bar, 5 minutes out of the box and my wife had it up alone. Bit heavy, the tent not the wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom