Techstream issues with Mac (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I've downloaded Techstream twice from 5 min to Download + Install Techstream V12 VMware for VXDIAG Toyota | OBDII365.com Official Blog - http://blog.obdii365.com/2019/11/04/download-techstream-v12-vmware-for-vxdiag-toyota/ and can't seem to get it to work. I've also downloaded the virtual box and have it updated. Here is a photo of the issue I'm having: can anyone help point me in the right direction? what am I doing wrong?

Thanks much!

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 9.01.27 PM.png

Oh no. I only have a Mac computer in my house as well. It seems like this software might be windows and you have to run virtual machine which I’ve had varying success with over the years. It might be worth getting a cheap Windows machine dedicated for this. Every car I’ve owned in the last 20 years I’ve been able to use the OBDI app and a Bluetooth dongle on. I wonder why we can’t on these 100 series?

I can't get Techstream to work on a mac even using VMware as my virtual machine. If you run Windows natively in Bootcamp you may have better luck.

OBDII is a public standard to allow limited access to vehicle diagnostics. Techstream is a proprietary software product intended for Toyota Technicians only. Thus it needs to run in a virtualized container as if it was an approved version of the product. Toyota may have found a way to disable it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom