TDS Audiovox Theft Deterrent System questions.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search and only saw one other thread without a ton of info on this. What I'm finding is that this system is installed as an aftermarket deal and doesn't seem to be the best. I have it in my 96 FZJ80 and I only have one half working remote. I'd like to find out what I can do to add another remote, what will work and were to find it. Or is it just easier to replace this thing? It'll do the few things I need in a unit so I'd like to keep it if I can.

THANKS A LOT!

For real, nobody knows anything about these? I'm amazed! I see it's not a common thread so maybe there just isn't much info floating around.

I have the Audiovo TDS system in my 94. Probably my thread you found ;) I think it is different than yours. There was one guy asking about a new model one and it was different than mine. Beowulf has the pdf of my owners manual.

If you just want another remote google "replacement remote keyless entry" I know you can find one as I found a second remote for mine. But chose not to pay $60 for it.

Same problem...

I just got a '96 TLC with the Audiovox theft deterrent system. I'd be interested in hearing what you ended up doing. I have a little metal switch on the left panel in front of the door on the driver's side for the "valet configuration". So far it seems like a POS, but I do have two working remotes. I also have an ugly red LED taking up one of my switch areas which I think is for the remote. Does anyone know if the cooler looking Toyota theft sensor will work with this system, or if this is different from the RS3000 that I've heard about? I'd be interested in hearing what you ended up doing.

Playboater said:
I just got a '96 TLC with the Audiovox theft deterrent system. I'd be interested in hearing what you ended up doing. I have a little metal switch on the left panel in front of the door on the driver's side for the "valet configuration". So far it seems like a POS, but I do have two working remotes. I also have an ugly red LED taking up one of my switch areas which I think is for the remote. Does anyone know if the cooler looking Toyota theft sensor will work with this system, or if this is different from the RS3000 that I've heard about? I'd be interested in hearing what you ended up doing.

No the Toyota remote won't work. Ours TDS were port installed. What problems are you having? I am not following you when you are asking, "I would like to know what you did?"

The other thread he is refereing to can be found by a search of "TDS" or "Audiovox". In that thread I relayed info about how I solved my alarm problems of it going off by it self. The connectors on the wires going to the valet switch were very loose, and too long. I shorted them and secured them. This has solved all my problems. I agree the fob isn't the prettiest thing, but very fuctional.

Any decent car audio/alarm shop should be able to look at it and tell you what remotes will work with what.

our new 97 came with that "securi-key" alarm setup from Gulf States Toyota. called them up as we didn't have the "remote key" they sent a free one, very cool. :cheers:

FJBen said:
Any decent car audio/alarm shop should be able to look at it and tell you what remotes will work with what.

our new 97 came with that "securi-key" alarm setup from Gulf States Toyota. called them up as we didn't have the "remote key" they sent a free one, very cool. :cheers:

Wow! That is impressive. Maybe I should give it a try...:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom