For Sale Tandem Master Cylinder Adapter for early FJ40s and FJ45s, SoCal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re did everything, kept the 4 drums but replaced cylinders lines etc. Put in a MC (recommended by vendor) that was listed for 75 to 80 (outlets on top)

Sounds like you put on a disc brake MC for the '75 and later landcruisers that had front disc and rear drums. If that's the case you're trying to operate front ~10psi drum brakes with closer to ~3psi disc brake pressure. There's a residual valve in the front circuit of the MC that meters the flow differently for the varied pressures needed.

Been there, done that (accidentally). Once I switched to and all-drum MC I was good to go.

Time warp bump. Had another batch made.

The adapter has 4 studs protruding from it for the master cylinder to mount to [the same mounting method Toyota used with their brake boosters] so alignment is assured and cross-threaded or stripped holes are impossible.
Mark, I'm in on one if a booster (from an FJ60) can be mounted to your bracket. I'll call today.

Mark, I'm in on one if a booster (from an FJ60) can be mounted to your bracket. I'll call today.
This is the non-booster model. I have a booster model as well. There is a picture of it on my website.😉

These are definitely the way to go on the older, non-boosted systems. Super easy to change from a single system to front/back circuits. I made one for my '67 but should have purchased when Mark had them available.

So, I have one of those, but the problem I have is it throws the boosted MC into the way of the carb. It’d be nice to have a plate adapter for a booster.

Looking at my 45, I see a plate adapter would require trimming the vertical brace on the firewall to make room for a booster. Guess I’ll just need to work the carb in somehow when I get there.

IMG_5680.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom