Tall Corn Cruisers-Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like an opportunity for gearing and lockers. Being a ZJ, it probably has factories. I agree that Matt is your guy. He's south of the QCA.

I got to meet @Dudleyfj40 today. Not every day that I get to see another Mud member. Good talking to you Brent.

Hello ALL

Just wanted to drop a line and say whats up!! Purchased my FJ40 in November. I reside in Sioux City, a westsider, would love to chat and see what events are going on in the state.

Cheers

Garrett

Congrats Garrett! Welcome!

Anyone going to Silver Lake dunes this week?

When are people going? I'm flying to LA to pick up another 80 (93 3x locked) and making the journey back through Salt Lake City, Wyomings, etc. Could possibly be persuaded...

I have never been but it looks decently entertaining, just looking for options for this long weekend.

When are people going? I'm flying to LA to pick up another 80 (93 3x locked) and making the journey back through Salt Lake City, Wyomings, etc. Could possibly be persuaded...

Will you have room for an ARB pickup in Wyoming?

Yes Brent. Call me. 319-654-5252.

Hey cruisers, my name is Mark. Moved to Illinois from Arizona awhile back and currently own a 88 62. I've owned a 74, 40 and a 83 60 in the past and after owning both styles I've really fallen for the wagon style. Look forward to getting to know you guys. Cheers

Hello all. My name is Lucas and I have an 83 FJ60 that i've had for about 2 years now. Been fixing her up a bit over that time. Hopefully can get together with some of you sometime. Just joined TLCA today too.

Hello all. My name is Lucas and I have an 83 FJ60 that i've had for about 2 years now. Been fixing her up a bit over that time. Hopefully can get together with some of you sometime. Just joined TLCA today too.

Where are you located? And welcome!

Welcome Lucas, nice looking 60 series you have there. We are due for a meet and greet soon, keep checking back.

We also have a page on FB that we post on for stuff.

Definitely need a meet and greet get together! Hmm, I just realized that I've never posted in this thread :eek:

Hello, my name is Jake and I have a 97 CE Fzj80 and an 83 Fj60. I'm a recovering mudaholic. I played in the mud a lot when I was younger, but then I grew up. Recently, I accidentally got back into it and I felt just plain dirty afterwards. It's been almost 2 months since I was last stuck in mud and I'm just taking it one day at a time.....

Seriously though, I'm still trying to clean that **** off of my undercarriage lol

Brent Moore... the same brent Moore who is supplying wiring parts for my 1971 that is in Cedar Rapids right now getting the bugs worked out of it??? Quinn at auto electric told me you stopped in and offered to help with parts.... I tried emailing you but it was kicked back to me... wrong email???

Hello,
My name is Brent Moore, I live in Newhall (15 min west of CR). I grew up on a farm south of Williamsburg.

I can say my first rig was a heep. Until I saw a FJ40 for sale on the way to the farm one day, I fell in love. I sold the heep and bought the 40.
The 40 was a 1973 all original from Colorado. It had thrown a rod on I-80. With the tow bill and storage fee the owner signed it over to the tow company. I soon bought a 76 for parts. Besides tearing the 73 all apart, that is about all I got done.

Five years later I find a 68 from a local guy, his son had bought it in the military and had lost interest. I bought the 68 and I wasn't going to let this waste. I got it running and spent the winter doing body work then paint in the summer.
With the bug, I took the 73 frame and started setting it up with reverse shackle, spring over, saginaw, and a chevy V-8. Had it blasted and painted. Put the disc axles off the 76 on it with a Cut-n-turn. Then added monte carlo discs for the rear.

When doing this I had spun a bearing in the 2F which is now in the 68. SOOOO, I did a body swap. 68 on 73 frame. Had problems with the steering and brake master, It took alittle longer to do but well worth it. I have a couple more things to do before I can do any serious offroad. I still work on it daily.

Thanks,

Yes, that is me. It had my old email address on it. I need to make some new ones.
Looks like your Cruiser is in good hands with Quinn. Love the color!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom