Tall Corn Cruiser Classic (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When:
August 24TH to August 26th 2018

Where:
Make It Or Break It (MIOBI) Wheeling Grounds
Located on Highway 5, just north of Lovilia and just west of Hamilton, Iowa (South Central Iowa)
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.171699,-92.9208591,442m/data=!3m1!1e3

Cost (register at event):
$35 Event Fee includes T shirt
$35 Wheeling for entire event or $15 a day
$15 tent and $20 Campers per night, electricity included

Schedule:

Friday: Sign-in/Tech and Guided Trail Runs
Saturday: Sign-in/Tech, Guided Trail Runs, Kids Lug Nut Hunt/Raffle, BBQ Dinner and Raffle
Sunday: Trail Runs, Pack and Leave

Info:
This is a TLCA open event, so all 4x4s are welcome.
MIOBI has electric hook ups, showers and port-o-johns.
Trail difficulties range from easy to extreme.

Vehicle Reqs (per TLCA):
http://tlca.org/events/inspection.shtml

Planning on making it up again this year. If she can clear her schedule, I'll bring my fiancé along.

FYI - TAC Fall Crawl will be very informal this year. SMORR has an open weekend Sept 7-9. If you want a campsite with electricity call the park to reserve. Otherwise just show up, pay the park wheeling and camping fees, and join the TAC at the Big Red Bus for socializing.

Life has been very busy this year for me and the rest of the officers of TAC. We all had too much going on to get things organized properly and rather than stress out over putting on a ho-hum event we will roll raffle items to next year and focus on it when life should be much more stable.

Iowa_creek.jpg
Got a spare Drive Shaft on but discovered during self-recovery at KS Rocks Park that all the High Water Mark Trail in Ark and playing in the creeks of IA did a number on my Warn 12K. Need to rebuild it before the next trip. Hopefully I can knock that out and make TCCC but I don't know what parts I need yet as I haven't cracked it open.

Not sure that I will make it. Engine is in the process of being torn apart to fix a blown head gasket... :bang: Trying to get it done, but finding the time right now is hard to do.

Last edited:
So who's planning on making it? I plan to come down on Saturday for the day. The 40 isn't running perfect but it should be fine. We'll mostly be spectators as I haven't reached the point of being ready for trail bumps and bruises!

Looking forward to it.

Crunch time, working on 3 vehicles, trailer and a camper right now but we'll be there lol. Still trying to decide if I want to pre-cook the meat or do it onsite.

Bumper is ready but waiting on parts for winch which should be in Thursday. Don't want to double up all that work plus find a way to keep all the cables clear. Also trying to get ducks in a row for closing on a new home the following week. Count me as a maybe still.

As i mentioned my family and I are planning to make it for Saturday. We like to do some dutch oven cooking so if people are interested we could probably throw together something for dessert. Regardless, I'd like to bring something so if someone has any ideas let me know.

Thanks!

I'll be coming down friday and staying until saturday night. bringing a friend

I am a maybe for Saturday. I may not decide until Saturday morning.

Hope you guys have an awesome weekend. My house deal is looking rocky for next week. Some title issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom