Taking Offers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Taking Offers on an FJ25 - 1961

I have a 1961 Landcruiser, (see some pics from Newbie with a 1961 FJ25 HT) that I was thinking of trying to restore. I really don't have the time to do that - nor will I be likely to find the time for 10-15 years - something to do with small boys and our own business! :) So, is anyone interested? I will probably be going to North Dakota in a week or two and will take more pictures of the vehicle and can answer specific questions about it then. If you would like to see something special, let me know and I will try to get it.

I do know that the vehicle is generally in good condition. The pictures show rust - but it is surface rust only. Several of the rims are bad, but the spare is fine - the missing headlight ring is inside the vehicle. The gas cap is missing, but my father pulled the gas tank to keep it from getting full of water and rusting out. It was running fine until the rag that was stuffed into the gas fill line fell into the tank and melted - so the lines will have to be cleaned out before it will run again. The engine turns freely - all original. All emblems, engine plates etc are intact and present. The frames for all the seats are there and in good condition, but there are no cushions left on them. The handles for the windows were never in the vehicle so we just propped the windows up with a stick. The heater is factory installed – and the wipers are vacuum line driven.

I will be returning from North Dakota to Texas in a couple of weeks, so I may be able to transport it along that route for easier pickup. The vehicle is in the Southeast corner of North Dakota. Let me know if anyone is interested and what you offer. You can email me privately at 1stladytech at gmail.com. I will take any requests for specific photos while I am up home. All questions will be answered as completely and honestly as I can, all offers will be considered.

I would rather sell it this way instead of on Ebay, so what do you think?

Vickie

Last edited:
I just can't stop!...PM sent...does this make me first in line?

How many would this make Phil, I guess Montana is OK :) . Not as good as the dry southwest where vehicles last forever :D . But it's west of the Mississippi, those eastern guys don't need to know what the 25's are like in the west or they will be trying to buy them all :grinpimp: . They might find out there's bolts that use a regular wrench, not just the hot wrench :rolleyes: .

John

Vickie-

I moved you to classifieds. If you are indeed taking "offers" please keep it to PM's and emails. If this starts to look like an "auction" I'll have to make it go away. :ban:

Phil is first in line. :D

So I go away to work (Alaska this time), crawl out of the brush long enough to see this thread and reply, go back into the brush, and this is what happens...

Talked to her afterward.....she was put off selling. :frown: May reconsider in the future, a polite e-mail (address buried here somewhere) couldn't hurt. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom