Wanted Tailgate Regulator with Motor, Key Barrel and Switch Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a complete tailgate window regulator, motor, key barrel/switch and safety switch with harnesses.

Needs to have come from a 1975 or newer FJ55.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:
I should be able to help you with these.

According to this page:
Page 138 Land Cruiser Rear Tail Gate Door 55 Series
The motor is 'early' to 9/77.
The regulator is 7/71 to 80.
The safety switch is all years.

I for sure have the safety switch and outside keyed switch(no key). I should have two or three of each in my stash.

I'll snap some pictures of the motors and regulators I have. I don't recall seeing any difference between any of them. I've pulled one out of my late 72 55 and can look in my early 71 to see if there are any differences in regulators. I think I've got four of the regulators and five of the motors.

Superb, thank you very much! I remember reading somewhere that the pre 1975 regulators had different mounting points. I don't know if this is correct or not. Perhaps it's not according to the SOR illustration.

That's a nice stash Lil'John. One thing different through the years is the motor gear. I'm three beers in right now and can't remember the years, but the later gear will not fit the earlier motor shaft. If you have all the pieces then it shouldn't matter. Check the plastic gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom