Tail light upgrade to '13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2009 LX 570. I used to have a 2008 LC 200. I hated the old LX lights.

I just ordered 2013 lights and they came in today.
They don't have that ridiculous chrome outline all the way around. FYI - LX lights are bigger than LC so have to upgrade LX to LX or LC to LC.

I am by no means a mechanic. However, without any diagrams or anything, I was able to swap the outer lamps in less than. 5 min each and the inner in less than 10 each. Makes a big difference.

I wanted to post that the fit was easy and the only difference is the small bracket the bulb for the turn signals was housed in. Had to trim a tiny piece off the 2013 and it snapped right in and locked in place.

I personally think the 2013 LC 200 lights are bad @ss. Just posted in case anyone was wondering how hard it would be to swap. It wasn't.
image-4048467526.jpg
image-771445405.jpg

they do look bad ass indeed. Mate i own a 2010 LC200, would you think its possible to install LX tails to it? im a big fan of the LED, i dont mind a bit of bodywork though.

I just ordered from Sewell Lexus.

goodwill said:
they do look bad ass indeed. Mate i own a 2010 LC200, would you think its possible to install LX tails to it? im a big fan of the LED, i dont mind a bit of bodywork though.

You can install the 2013 LC 200 tail lights. It is my understanding the LX tail lights are bigger and the upper clam shell is different.

The 2013 LC 200 tail lights are LED.

This is from the Toyota site:

"LED tail and stop lights with vortex generators and integrated Land Cruiser logo"

Any of you guys know if the 11 LC taillights will plug and play on a 13-15 LC. Personally I like the older design better then the new ones for the LC. I do like the newer LX 13-14 better then the old LX 09-11. If not then will the new 13-15 LX plug and play the 13-15 LC. Only ones I don't care for are the 13-14 LCs. If I buy a new LC I am going to want to swap them for one or the other.

If you buy a LC and want to swap, let me know. I wouldn't mind having the LED tails.

Any of you guys know if the 11 LC taillights will plug and play on a 13-15 LC. Personally I like the older design better then the new ones for the LC. I do like the newer LX 13-14 better then the old LX 09-11. If not then will the new 13-15 LX plug and play the 13-15 LC. Only ones I don't care for are the 13-14 LCs. If I buy a new LC I am going to want to swap them for one or the other.
I don't have an answer per say, but I do know that the fender shaped was changed 13's forward, maybe impact the tail light design fitment???

I will also add that LEDs often require different relays. It might not be as easy as plug-and-play. I could be wrong though.

Sounds like the only way I could go, would be to swap from the 13-15 LED LC lights with the 13-15 LX style lights. If I wanted to keep the swap simple plug and play.

So has anyone upgraded their 08-11 LC taillights to the 13+ LC taillights? Plug and play? Different relays needed?

So has anyone upgraded their 08-11 LC taillights to the 13+ LC taillights? Plug and play? Different relays needed?
I only have 08-11 skimatics so I can't help too much. But does anyone know if the 13-15 turn signal or reverse lights are LED? That's the only difference I could think of.

The 08-11 running and stop lamps are a LED, and the turn and reverse are halogen. I switched my reverse bulbs to LED, with no issues.

Personally I think the 13-15 tail lamps are old looking, and the 08-11 are newer looking. Just can't stand yellow on tail lights, gross.

Personally I think the 13-15 tail lamps are old looking, and the 08-11 are newer looking. Just can't stand yellow on tail lights, gross.

On second thought, I think you are right and I like the older style better.

Great post though I’m 6 years late.

Did the 2013 bottom plastic piece resolve the slight gap at the bottom? I’m interested in doing the swap as well

I only have 08-11 skimatics so I can't help too much. But does anyone know if the 13-15 turn signal or reverse lights are LED? That's the only difference I could think of.

The 08-11 running and stop lamps are a LED, and the turn and reverse are halogen. I switched my reverse bulbs to LED, with no issues.

The reverse lights are not LED, but I did swap LEDs into mine when one of my bulbs went and it worked fine

Great post though I’m 6 years late.

Did the 2013 bottom plastic piece resolve the slight gap at the bottom? I’m interested in doing the swap as well

No there was a slight gap that remained, but not very noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom