Tacoma Brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone else running Tacoma rotors with v6 calipers on IFS hubs? Has anyone made a rotor ring to center the rotor onto the hub? My brakes kind of pulseate, I think this is due to the rotor not being perfectly centered. Thoughts?

Theoretically that shouldn't really cause pulse.
If the mating faces are clean and true, id recommend an on car rotor turn.
I run the FROR "kit" and have a bit of pulse but i just attributed it to wear from running bigger tires. The group of rotors in question are somewhat notorious for warpage.

That’s what I kind of figured. I’m still curious if anyone has made a hub ring to center the rotor. I’m thinking that the rotors being out of center would cause unbalancing issues with the wheels. Thinking about trying to make one but hoping someone out there has already done it.

You may be able to buy/mod something from a wheel /tire store.
Have to ask, what happened with machining your wheel hubs. The rotor should be centering against the stud flange, not so much the center hub.

You may be able to buy/mod something from a wheel /tire store.
Have to ask, what happened with machining your wheel hubs. The rotor should be centering against the stud flange, not so much the center hub.
I machined them. According to my old man, the inside of the rotor isn’t a “machine spec” tolerance. My two rotors were a tiny smidge different with that tolerance. I was curious about the tiny gap between the hub and rotor in the pictures. Or do they center themselves up another way? I don’t know. Seemed like there was some play when the rotor is sitting on the hub. Thoughts?

D863FB9F-5A78-4D8D-92A7-CC96676D7EC8.jpeg

2A2F318B-3E32-4B99-9871-DB6630BD9CDF.jpeg

If the rotor should be hub centric then it would pilot with the center bore on the wheel hub's snout. Without that radial location it might have a slight out of balance vibration, but it wouldn't pulsate the brake pedal.

Pulsation is usually caused by an uneven transfer layer where firction material from the pads is actually transfered to the surface of the rotor in an invisible layer. Actual warped rotors used to be far more myth than reality. It does happen and I'm hearing more and more about it happening to chinesium rotors. I'll guess that they aren't properly stress relieved before being machined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom