Tacoma 06 alternator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My serpentine belt split few weeks ago, caused by a bad bearing in idle2.. when i was replacing the belt i noticed that i could not turn the front of the alternator. I thought that the bearing was gone so i took it out, but as soon as i started to loosen the house of the alternator from the car the bearing was loose and i could turn it.

Called a shop that fixes alternators and got info that the diode bridge had gone, so i bought a new one and swapped it out... now when i put it back in it does the same.. if i fully tighten the alternator into its place the bearing goes stuck, if i just slightly undo one bolt it goes free...

Is this some ground problem or does anyone have idea what could be wrong?

ive had one or two that have doen that on the 1gr motor, just loosen the alt bolts about 1/4 turn and youll be good. cranking the bolts as tight as you can may torque tthe case just enough to keep the bearings from spinning, not sure why.

ive had one or two that have doen that on the 1gr motor, just loosen the alt bolts about 1/4 turn and youll be good. cranking the bolts as tight as you can may torque tthe case just enough to keep the bearings from spinning, not sure why.
Thanks. I did that yesterday and it spins.. only problem is it doesnt seem to be chargeing the batttery now.. was fraid it could be bad ground because the alternator wasnt fully tighten..

Thanks. I did that yesterday and it spins.. only problem is it doesnt seem to be chargeing the batttery now.. was fraid it could be bad ground because the alternator wasnt fully tighten..

ive never experienced the alt not charging from that, its mounted on the to the block and all the bolts are in so its almost impossible that the alt isnt grounding. most likely the regulator is failed or failing, whats is the charging voltage and amperage if you can measure that

ive never experienced the alt not charging from that, its mounted on the to the block and all the bolts are in so its almost impossible that the alt isnt grounding. most likely the regulator is failed or failing, whats is the charging voltage and amperage if you can measure that
Finally had time to do those measurements, found out the alternator was not charging. Took it out of the car again and did more measurements, found out a ground from regulator was missing, when that was fixed and the alt put back in i was getting 14.14V with the front lights on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom