Tabor/Magnum (warn) Winch on ARB, 9000 or 12000? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am very temped to buy one of Warn's Tabor winchs, either the 9000 or 12000 lb'er.
Will either one bolt up to the ARB winch bumper???
How good is the winch, does it have the "junk seal of approval:flipoff2: " ?

I don't mean to sound ignorant, but are you sure Tabor/Magnum is actually Warn? I ask because Ive never seem one of these before. It appears to be an offshore alternative to the warn winches we all know. Are these imported by Warn, or is someone "using"/stealing their name try to bolster their sales?

Cheers...

From what I was told:
Tabor or Magnum (its what they were first called) is made by Warn in the USA.
Its to compete with the Chinamart brands.
It says By Warn on the winch.
Warn doesnt advertise Tabor to keep the $$$ down.
They come with a year warranty.

LandyLover said:
I don't mean to sound ignorant, but are you sure Tabor/Magnum is actually Warn? Cheers...

Go to warn.com, they are Warn. Warn has figured out that the sub-$1000 customer is not a Warn customer anymore because of escalating prices. They have done what any good company should do and found a way to get back into the sub-$1000 price game without comprimising their bread and butter line. I am sure the Tabor is not built to quite the exact standards as the Warn premium winches, and it probably has a shorter warranty. But for consumers who can't afford to have $1000-1500 hanging on the nose of their truck for the one time a year you "might" need it, you can buy a Tabor.

Tabor

Yeah its basiclly a cheaper version. Just remember you get what you pay for. The internal mechanisms, motor, gearing and etc are not top quality,...overbuilt, like the real Warns. I would say its ok for occasional use but would not choose it if you would use it alot or pull your rig up very steep ish! Ben at Slee's basically told me the deal when I was asking him the same question as you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom