T100 ARB mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 96 T100 I would like to install an ARB bullbar on. I have seen two threads that have used a second gen 4Runner bull bar and one that mentions a 98-02 LC 100 series arb being installed. Does anyone know which bull bar fits the t100 best with minimal mods to the bumper

I have a 96 T100 I would like to install an ARB bullbar on. I have seen two threads that have used a second gen 4Runner bull bar and one that mentions a 98-02 LC 100 series arb being installed. Does anyone know which bull bar fits the t100 best with minimal mods to the bumper

I installed a 2nd gen tacoma bar. It took major modification but turned out ok. The 100 series bar probably would fit the easiest.

Heres a good place to look at a T with a 100 series ARB.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2796233/1997-toyota-t100-sr5-xtra-cab/

Where did you see the threads where people used 4runners Arbs?

thanks for the input. I had previously read the thread on your mod. It looks great!. Unfortunately, my idea was too late, we had a crazy storm and I hit a tree lying in the road last Friday and just got word it will be a total loss!!!!! T100 parts too expensive to salvage. Looks like it will be fitted with a snow plow and turned into a farm truck for use around the church!

An FJ ARB seems to fit pretty well too.

3Ee3Je3Hd5K25Hc5J7d3m21756b1cabed1227_zpsaae71ad6.jpg

fjarb.jpg

I put an early 100 series land cruiser ARB bumper on mine. That was what I had heard fit, so that is what I ordered. The grill changes on the latter 100 series, so I don't know if that changes the line on the back of the bumper in a negative way. Overall fitment was decent. The 100 ARB has kind of a long forward protrusion. I like how ERG80's Taco bumper came out, a little more stubby.

Fitment was not very hard. I thought it would be easier initially. These bullbars are two parts really. The bumper, and the winch cradle that bolts to the frame. The 100 bar attachment cradle bolts to the front tow hook holes, and two more long bolts through the end of the frame rails just in front of the radiator area. I initially thought the tow hooks would have a common bolt pattern, as they look the same in pictures, but the hole spacing is about an inch smaller on the T100 than the Land Cruiser, just goes to show how everything is bigger on a Cruiser. Also the T100 does not have a protrusion of the frame like a cruiser. Also the width of the frame rails/tow hook holes was a tad narrower as I recall. I would have to go and look.

To address the issues above, I enlarged two of the bumper holes in the bracket to address the width issue, and drilled a new hole in-between to hit the other tow hook hole. On the front of the T100 frame, I carefully cut off the double beer can things and made a "L" shaped frame extension with two peices of 2" square tubing. One short peice going forward, with another welded on going up and down. The up and down peice is the same height as the winch cradle bracket. Adjust the fit and weld these on to the front of the frame. Then the extra long bolt can be utilized just like the 100. I think this is a critical part to ensure the bumper does not droop or rotate up in small impacts.

Beyond that, the winch cradle bolts right on with the supplied spacers against the frame. Spacing to the grill and fenders works very well, the bumper itself has a little wiggle room for adjustment, that is how they are. The bumper itself is just a tad wide for the T100 front clip, probably because the 100 has flares. It also protrudes into the fender opening about 1.5 inches more that it should. If a guy trimmed that off it would look perfect, but you will mess up the powder coat.

So far I have bounced one deer off, worked good. I put it on after hitting a doe and losing my stock grill, bumper and headlights. Never mounted a winch, don't really need it, and felt the torsion bars are not really up to the task.

20180910_121623.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom