Sweet new bolt-on sliders for the '91-'92 FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a long search I was able to find a local fabricator here in Vancouver BC to build me some custom sliders.

He's built a bunch for the FZJ's and HD81's but this was the first for a 3fe truck and he nailed the fit, first time.

They are sturdy and incorporate a sweet skidplate for the cats. Bolted on in no time. This is Jay's site, I am not affiliated but like to support a small business and a nice guy.

Cruisin Off Road

4675456159_f2c4d315b2.jpg

4675463675_e5edb5f42e_b.jpg

4676090314_46400137af.jpg

4676097346_f199812a93.jpg

4675470451_6bb5f769cc.jpg

4676151040_be5c768589.jpg

Those look fantastic! How much did he charge for them? WOW!!!

:cheers: Looks great :)

Those look fantastic! How much did he charge for them? WOW!!!

I clicked on the link and they advertise $700 for the FZJ80 sliders...but I do not know if that is US or Canadian $$$

sliders look good.......!!!!!!

He also has an 80 rear bumper in development. Can't wait to see what that looks like.:popcorn:

Hey Guys. Glad you dig them, I am super Happy. My last few trucks have all had sliders and you get kinda spoiled, not having to worry about damage, or being super picky about your lines on the rocks. Can't wait to hit some of my favorite trails that I've been avoiding.

I got kind of a special price as he quoted me last year, and they were the prototype for the 3FE, but yes it is in Canadian dollars, so works out to a bit less.

Saved me from welding to the frame. I was going to do some Trail Gear sliders, but I don't weld, so they would have cost the same in the end. Hoping to get a Diesel some day, so now I can just unbolt them, modify one side and move them to the next truck (if that ever happens lol)

The big deal here is that the only other sliders I could find for a '91-'92 were Man-A Fre for $1200 or something like that. For me it's plus shipping, duties, taxes, would be crazy expensive!

Last edited:
Jason does awesome work for sure. Those sliders look killer and fit like a glove. Wish he was around when I was looking for some. Can't wait to see what the 80 rear bumper will look like...

I got a set from Cruisin as well. He's a class act- Highly reccommended to 'mudders.

Looks great!

Does the bolt that goes in the bracket sit on the top of the framerail, or what exactly is going on there?

Interested too in seeing what his rear bumper looks like - it's just a quick trip for me to get to him, and it's always fun to jump over to your guys' side of the border.

Looks great!

Does the bolt that goes in the bracket sit on the top of the framerail, or what exactly is going on there?

Interested too in seeing what his rear bumper looks like - it's just a quick trip for me to get to him, and it's always fun to jump over to your guys' side of the border.

The bolt that goes through the top of the bracket sits just a hair above the frame rail. It basically pinches the top of the bracket so the slider can't move.

Here's a little teaser shot of the bumper in development. I'll post a fresh thread when I get it painted and on the truck.

-Jason
IMG_2431s.JPG

The bolt that goes through the top of the bracket sits just a hair above the frame rail. It basically pinches the top of the bracket so the slider can't move.

Here's a little teaser shot of the bumper in development. I'll post a fresh thread when I get it painted and on the truck.

-Jason

Wow - that's exactly the side wing profile I want, and a integrated class 3 receiver is also what I've got planned, plus after a look at your sig linked shop, I'm really liking the transfer case plate too.

I'll send you a PM, I want to see your rear bumper in person after completion.

Linus, You should come to our club's annual show & shine on July 10th. 10am - 3pm at Deas Island Park. Not too far north of the border, and there will be lots of cool trucks to see. I'll be there with the finished product on the back of my rig too.

-Jason

Cruisin, excellent work on bumper and sliders. Very very nice! Dang it, I have to quit looking at this stuff or my bank account will be gone. :D

Looks like the attachment points for a hook or clevis will actually work, unlike the ARB poser....... ;p

Sorry, ARB people........:eek:

Looks like the attachment points for a hook or clevis will actually work, unlike the ARB poser....... ;p

Sorry, ARB people........:eek:

You only are saying the truth. I re-installed the factory eyes on my 80 because the only use I have for the ARB ones are to hold my winch hook. Aside from dead straight on pulling I expect them to bend if even slightly sideloaded.

Jason - I'm going to clear it with the war dept., and see if I can swing a trip up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom