Swapping turn signal switch ass'y? (1 Viewer)

The 100 series and other Toyota newer vehicles have the ``fog light'' switch on the turn signal switch assembly (I've actually asked this before but can't find it in search) which would be nice to use as a switch for off-road lights.

Is this assembly easily swapped out with a 100 series switch or even a 4Runner/Highlander switch with this extra fog light option?

3fj40 said:
The 100 series and other Toyota newer vehicles have the ``fog light'' switch on the turn signal switch assembly (I've actually asked this before but can't find it in search) which would be nice to use as a switch for off-road lights.

Is this assembly easily swapped out with a 100 series switch or even a 4Runner/Highlander switch with this extra fog light option?
You have a 100 series, an FZJ, and a 40-why don't you go find out on your own!! :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

IM me.

Let me also clarify, I guess it's not the WHOLE assembly I'm talking about, JUST the blinker, light switch arm. Appears that the wires have plugs at the end?

the light arm/stalk is attached directly to a switch asembly including the wiper stalk on the other side. the light and wiper share a single large plug, they could be sperarted though. by depinning and taking apart the switch. I dont know about seperating the stalk from the switch. IIRC there is not a seperate plug for the light stalk

Thanks, the only thing I have found online was this $OR diagram:

Where it does appear it has a separate 3 pole plug, but I'm not familiar with the mounting on this and may have to do some playing tonight if I find some time.

that is not a 3 pole plug but just 3 wires with terminals/pins. the plug can be depinned though

If you figure this one out plese let us know.

here are some pictures (for sale by the way)
combo1.jpg
combo2.jpg
combo3.jpg

RavenTai said:
The plug can be depinned though
repinned or depends...er...depinned. You may need the previous after the time it will take you to get this done :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Seems like a possibility-and I would assume a very quick replace, assuming the lever matches to the 80 switch. However, I would guess you would need some detailed wiring description as the 100 switch has the "auto" setting for the headlights...did the 100 or 105 come w/o the "auto" somewhere, hmmmm. Mot?

Blatant hijack...

spacers will come down with me, so will j-dogs 80 that we just installed his rear springs on last night, my 80 will sit nicely in its home :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom