Swapped 8" rear to 8.2 w/ARB, now how to turn off dash lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for info on how to turn off the Christmas tree lights on my dash after doing this swap.
I have to fool the computer to think e locker is still there and all is working fine.
Anyone done this that can help?

Thanks BirdMan

Your old housing has a detent sensor on top of the third member that detected when the elocker was engaged. I had that sensor go bad on my OEM e-locked 8" and it disabled the 4WD and lit up the dash. I suspect you have to reintroduce it back into the equation, but I don't have any details on how to accomplish that.

Agreed... I am sure it's just a matter of ( + & - ). An electrical thing. Ground something to fool the computer, but what. How???

Bzzzzzzzzzzt

Plugged the e locker back in to fiddle with the detent sensor to see how it worked electrically. After about what seemed like a hundred trips from the chair to the floor, to the chair, to the cab and back to the floor.... It was the damn wheel speed sensor the whole time. :bang:

@Floridabronco , HEY buddy long time... Yes the 8.2 was an upgrade in like 2010. The ring & pinion are much beefier than the early 8".
I was going thru thirds and just got tired of it. I also disliked how the E-locker was a moody bitch, :grinpimp: and wanted to go with air.
Hope things are good with ya bro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom