Surf and Turf (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody got pics?? Stories?? Anything to share with a guy who couldn't make it??

I had a great time. Brent's apple cobbler and Dave's pork tenderloin were probably the greatest things I've ever eaten.

Glad to meet all the guys and I can't wait for next year.

No pics. Been going since '94 and outside the SnT 'city' getting bigger every year and more and more overrun with FJ Cruisers, the dunes are still the same.

Stan and I directed traffic for poker run card purchases and final checkpoint drawings. Fun to see all the trucks and people!

Fun putting faces with board names at our little encampment!

Start making your plans for next year folks! It'll be the LAST SnT!!!!!

No pics. Been going since '94 and outside the SnT 'city' getting bigger every year and more and more overrun with FJ Cruisers, the dunes are still the same.

Stan and I directed traffic for poker run card purchases and final checkpoint drawings. Fun to see all the trucks and people!

Fun putting faces with board names at our little encampment!

Start making your plans for next year folks! It'll be the LAST SnT!!!!!

Why will it be the last SnT?

what?!?

Last SnT? :censor: I got up there late Saturday, ran into a few familiar faces, got to experience some of the camraderie. I was getting a thumbs up for mobbing in the stock 100 from a real nice guy in a chopped rusty PIG, who was having a real good time..Everyone was friendly, helpful and having a good time. I saw Brent, Dave and Tim, and met a few others. I also saw the Toyota of my dreams (several times):D but this one red truck in particular was amazing. What a beautiful place, driving down the beach on low tide just gawking at all the amazing rigs and enjoying the central cal scenery. I went up to Pozo and had some nachos on Sunday and then made my way home. Next year I plan to get up there earlier. Driving the 100 in the dunes was really fun. I got a little wheelie air off of a mild dune. I had to back down from a few I did not make. I attempted to drive up one face that was too steep at the transition and heard a slight crunch as I drove my bumper into the sand, no significant carnage to speak of. All around good time. It is kind of numbing to see so many FJCs, but there were many nice ones none the less. I couldn't get over the village of Toyotas, too cool. I am sad to hear its ending though.. Why is what I want to know.:frown:
393228744.jpg

393228676.jpg

393228670.jpg

Thanks guys... I missed going and seeing friends and catching up with Jim Brantley. I remember letting him drive my SOA 60 and talking with him before he decided to have his done by Mudrack.. Wow that seems like forever ago.. Been a few times and always had a great time sad I missed it this year..

Looks like everyone had a good time. Annoyed that we couldnt make it this year. Oh well

Why will it be the last SnT?

Spoke with Jim before leaving. Look at your sticker - says penultimate for 2010. He basically said 10 years is enough.

Spoke with Jim before leaving. Look at your sticker - says penultimate for 2010. He basically said 10 years is enough.

SnT 2005 was my first Land Cruiser event and definitely was memorable with my family. Learned my lesson not to take them the next two years I went! :D

If its the last, I'm there.
Almost called in sick for this year's. I'll save a couple of sick days for the last hurrah.

Here was the view from our camp-:cheers:.
Good idea on the sign Dave and thanks for great deal.
DSCN3744.jpg

It was great meeting you guys and putting some faces to names. Wish I could have stayed longer but had to cut it short when work called.:rolleyes:

Next year I'll plan it a little better so I can enjoy the whole event.

At least I got to see the legendary Sand Chef event, see some amazing cruisers, watch a rocket launch, and enjoy the Metal Tech keg.

Has a good time again this year! Was able to gather Jeff from school (SLO) and he and another son Mark go to beat up the truck in the dunes. Planning on making the LAST next year.

At least I got to see the legendary Sand Chef event, see some amazing cruisers, watch a rocket launch, and enjoy the Metal Tech keg.

From Vandenberg AFB around 7:30ish? SkyMed Spacecraft for Italy.. Cool stuff!!

From Vandenberg AFB around 7:30ish? SkyMed Spacecraft for Italy.. Cool stuff!!

We were talking about being able to see it and then didn't - must've been drinking...to excess...again...:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom