Superior lift kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any 200 series guys look at Superior lift kits out of Australia? They're doing a 4 inch lift that fits a proper 35x12.5 underneath. Everything else ive seen is 3 to 3.5 that gets a 34. I don't wanna make my any given Sunday win by an inch speech.

Fitting 35x12.5 is a bunch of factors though. Whether it's 3 or 4" you have to clear the KDSS bar, control arm, and have room to stuff the wheels. Lots of folks here have done it and lift height wasn't the hard part. Paging @Markuson @mcgaskins @TonyP

Fitting 35x12.5 is a bunch of factors though. Whether it's 3 or 4" you have to clear the KDSS bar, control arm, and have room to stuff the wheels. Lots of folks here have done it and lift height wasn't the hard part. Paging @Markuson @mcgaskins @TonyP

This kit comes with all that. UCA LCA panhard diff drop, etc. I just wanna know if anyone has tried. It seems like they do it proper rather than hack n chop 35s under it. I'm not opposed to proper hack n chop if the results and quality are similar. Anyway the question was if you've tried or heard of the kit. Not how can i get 35s under my truck.

Yep. Lift is not the answer.
All a lift does is postpone moving through the same arc until you really wish you had it. Without major surgery, wide 35’s WILL touch somewhere, especially due to WIDTH. -Just a matter of when, where, how much, and what compromises you’re OK with.
Lifts only avoid rub if you NEVER articulate or compress.

American full size trucks get lifted to the heavens but usually give away any real benefit unless mud-bogging in straight lines. :)
If they were ever to try and compress off road without room to articulate, it would be pretty comical.

This kit comes with all that. UCA LCA panhard diff drop, etc. I just wanna know if anyone has tried. It seems like they do it proper rather than hack n chop 35s under it. I'm not opposed to proper hack n chop if the results and quality are similar. Anyway the question was if you've tried or heard of the kit. Not how can i get 35s under my truck.

I would suggest asking on the Australia based 200 series FB page that has about 35,000 members.

Yep. Lift is not the answer.
All a lift does is postpone moving through the same arc until you really wish you had it. Without major surgery, wide 35’s WILL touch somewhere, especially due to WIDTH. -Just a matter of when, where, how much, and what compromises you’re OK with.
Lifts only avoid rub if you NEVER articulate or compress.

American full size trucks get lifted to the heavens but usually give away any real benefit unless mud-bogging in straight lines. :)
If they were ever to try and compress off road without room to articulate, it would be pretty comical.

So u think it really wouldn't make much of a difference? U think it's possible to make a long travel kit or is that a whole new set of problems we run into?

I contacted them about this.. they run 0 offset wheels with that kit...
their suspension components are top notch

This looks like a comprehensive and well engineering kit. Has items like multiple sway bar relocation brackets. Goes so far as even speedo correction.

I say do it!

I contacted them about this.. they run 0 offset wheels with that kit...
their suspension components are top notch

Did u see their video they put out on cornering with the truck. Did not by any means look like a lifted fat pig.

The problem isn't lift - it's the KDSS that gets in the way. How does this kit address KDSS?

Man i'm not very well versed on the kdss relocation. Teckis put a link to the kit in his comment. If you or one of the more technically sound guys can click it and give your 0.02. I'm new to the cruiser community. I come from a euro n jdm tuning background. Just got into 4x4 life.

Man i'm not very well versed on the kdss relocation. Teckis put a link to the kit in his comment. If you or one of the more technically sound guys can click it and give your 0.02. I'm new to the cruiser community. I come from a euro n jdm tuning background. Just got into 4x4 life.

If you're new to this, I can assure you this kit is not a good place to start. The 200 is extremely capable bone stock with some good all terrains on it, so I would start there, maybe some sliders depending on where/if you wheel, and then gradually move up. Anything beyond 34" tires is a Pandora's box and most who have tried 35s or larger like myself find it's not worth the trouble and go back to a 34". This might be helpful: 34s vs 35s on the 200

If you're new to this, I can assure you this kit is not a good place to start. The 200 is extremely capable bone stock with some good all terrains on it, so I would start there, maybe some sliders depending on where/if you wheel, and then gradually move up. Anything beyond 34" tires is a Pandora's box and most who have tried 35s or larger like myself find it's not worth the trouble and go back to a 34". This might be helpful: 34s vs 35s on the 200

I'm new to kdss. Coilover 4x4. I have some ko2 ATs i threw on her. The biggest that fit under stock suspension. She looks healthy now. I was just exploring options. I have 97 f350 that was on 34s that i'm playing with as well. That's in the shop going up. Thanks for your comments n help

If you're new to the 4x4 life, you're better off sticking with no larger than 34s like the others that have ventured into 35s have said. Also sticking with a typical 2.5" lift, when you go into the 4" range you need to worry about panhard bar, brake line extensions, possibly even custom driveshafts for the extra length, maybe adjustable rear lower control arms, and more mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom