SOLD Super Clean 1992 4Runner 3.4 swap & 5 speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1992 4Runner with 1996 3.4L V6 engine swap and manual 5 speed transmission

$5,000 OBO

I have owned this truck for 6 years and it has been my daily driver and camping truck. I bought it with a 3.4L swapped in engine and the attached 5 speed from a 1996 4Runner which I am 99% certain is the R150F. Everything is hooked up like stock and looks really tidy. The 3.4 makes a world of difference, especially with the 5 speed. Plenty of power and torque and really fun to drive. I take meticulous care of my vehicles. My previous 4Runner had 350,000 miles on it. Below is a list of a lot things that have been done and updated, but first the few items that are not working. There are more things than I can put here, if you're interested I'm happy to answer any questions or post more pics. Oh yeah, and I have 4 almost new Firestone snows for this that make it a monster in bad weather. I live at 7000 ft in Park City, UT and this rigs is amazing with the snows on (and really fun in RWD with the front unlocked!) 2.5in exhaust, more power and really great sound. You have to hear it, I tried to make a video and it doesn't do it justice but I could try again if necessary. Stock wheels with 31s and about 60% tread left on the rubber. Remote start too, really handy for starting from my office window in the winter to let it warm up. I'd drive this to Alaska and back tomorrow, it runs like a top. Because of the 2nd gen gearing it doesn't like to drive much faster than 75 mph but it cruises nicely at that speed. I get about 18 mpg with mixed driving which is better than most people get out of their 3.0. Truck has 230k and engine has 180k. Clutch is strong.

I'm posting just a few pics here, but below is an album that has a lot more.
PHOTO ALBUM
https://goo.gl/photos/V8rGLGwcroJG7BS66

Rear right window won’t go down from driver’s seat. Will go up. Up and down from rear seat.

Cruise – never hooked up after swap

A/C light does not come on when button pushed, A/C works great though

4WD drive light does not come in dash when in 4WD

Starting to get a few tiny rust spots on the body

Tcase is oily

Steering gear box is oily, starting to leak a bit somewhere but reservoir has never needed topping off.

Front seat has tears with patch

Dash has cracks

Hood has some dings and chips, filled with factory paint (I have extra)

Considering this truck is 25 years old those few items are understandable. Everything else works, A/C, 4WD, rear window, sunroof, all controls and dials, new radio and the body and frame are really clean.

Full fresh fluids. Full syn Mobile 1 in engine, Redline full synthetic in front diff, rear diff and Tcase. Literally just done all fluids.

Power steering flush 5 years ago

Brake booster a few years ago

Clutch master and slave within a year

A/C compressor and refill about three years ago

MOOG coils in the back

New front shocks about 5 years ago

Warn Manual lock hubs

2 in body lift

Paint is 9/10 for 25 year old truck

I spray black primer on the undercarriage every year to keep it fresh

Skid plate

Chrome is all 10/10

New Sony head unit with Bluetooth for audio and phone (so nice!)

Alignment done just the other day to be sure it was all straight

This has been my baby for a long time and I’m sad to see it go but I bought a new 100 series landcruiser (kids and whatnot) and I have to get this out of my driveway. I would love to see this go to a Toyota fan, these trucks with this engine swap are rare and very, very fun to drive. It would be an awesome truck to swap a solid front axle and turn into a serious off-road rig. The fact that the rest of the truck is so clean and looks great should make this somewhat enticing .

20170630_171637.jpg

20170630_171550.jpg

20170630_171601.jpg

20170630_171734.jpg

20170630_171834.jpg

Feedback appreciated

Other than body lift I like it, and think you're in the right ballpark with price.

Yeah, body lift... but that reminds me I also put a new fuel filter in a last year (factory from Toyota) just because I felt like it and the body lift sure did make that easy!

Message sent!

Yes, I don't think hood fits over the engine and there can be other issues with oil pan etc. Having the body lift does make it handy to get in and access a lot of things.

Price reduction, want to get this out of my driveway before winter (sort of, sort of don't but I don't have the space). $4,200

Sorry it's sold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom