Suggestions: Sticking Close to Denver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, the wife and I come to CO probably 5+ times a year. She’s got to be in Denver for a work in a few weeks. Usually we range between Salida and Leadville for camping/hiking/climbing/skiing. This time though we are staying close to Denver since it will be fairly short. I’ve never done anything other than drive through, or dip up to Boulder to see my Cousin. Hoping to not drive more than an hour or so from the outskirts, two tops.

Looking for suggestions on dog friendly:

Camping (we’ll be in her Outback, so probably about the same capabilities as a Jeep GC 😂). I looked at some iOverlander spots, but hard to tell how scenic they are. We prefer primitive, as we use a tent or the car.

Hiking (prefer loops around 6 miles or so and out and returns around 3 miles each way or shorter. But definitely want some good views.)

Climbing. She’s not a fan of belaying yet so shorter sport or top rope climbs I can do with one 60m rope. She’s fairly new so maybe some good, juggy or slab climbs around 5.7 and down.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks, Michael.

Might want to check with Rising Sun, most of us are down in Colorado Springs area. Have fun!

Stevens Gulch Road/Silver Plume
Jones Pass/Empire
Boreas Pass/Breckenridge
West Magnolia/Rollinsville
Observatory Loop/Nederland
Moffat Tunnel/Rollinsville
Hall Valley, Upper Hall Valley/Grant
Chinn's Lake/Idaho Springs
Rainbow Road/Idaho Springs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom