Suggestions for Bug Deflector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With the FJ's windshield being so flat, it sure can attract rocks. Before I even had 3000 miles on mine, nice loooong crack in my windshield! Therefore, in the market for a bug deflector - any suggestions on a good one, where to purchase, or anything along those lines? TIA!

;p

I used these window deflectors on all my trucks and will get them for FJ as well.....they also list a bug deflector though picture is a different vehicle. I would contact to ensure it is for FJ and then go with these as they make very good products.

Their window vent deflectors are the in-channel snap in so you dont have to glue or stick them to your door paint....work great.

WeatherTech

Thanks! Will look into it!

I used these window deflectors on all my trucks and will get them for FJ as well.....they also list a bug deflector though picture is a different vehicle. I would contact to ensure it is for FJ and then go with these as they make very good products.

Their window vent deflectors are the in-channel snap in so you dont have to glue or stick them to your door paint....work great.

WeatherTech

I bought both the window deflectors and the bug deflector from WeatherTech. I absolutely love the window deflectors. Perfect fit, looks good and helps with the wind. I wasn't real happy with the bug deflector, it seemed to stick out too far forward. But it did seem to help with bugs (I wouldn't expect it to do much with rocks. The best rock defense is a safe distance behind the vehicle in front.) But then I had a bird fly into it and bust a chuck out of it, so I took it off and am happier without it.

I definitely recommend WeatherTech, nice quality products.

I was told that FJs are prone to chips and such - have others experienced that? As soon as I replace the windshield, I'm lowering my deductible to $50!

yep, well thanks for your replies! :cheers:

I put the Factory Bug Deflector on my fj looks great low profile. But doesn't work good ton of rock

chips in my hood and lots of bugs on the window. no chips on the window, I think if want something

that might work better you will need a more vertical design aposed to low profile. Did i tell you i

love my fj

I have been curious too as to whether or not a bug deflector would do much good.

It has been my experience that rocks are going to hit you no matter what and the flat windshield is probably more prone than most.

It just goes with the territory.

I have noticed, since the bugs have started to come out now in this part of the country, that this windshield is a bug magnet.

Anyone had any good experiences with the different brands of bug deflectors?

Thanks

the deflectors are more for bugs than rocks in my opinion....never seen one with enough air turbulence to really move a rock over the entire windshield....but these FJs are damn bug killers for sure...LOL the windshield is suicide for bugs or small birds...

I'm hoping someone from PETA doesn't start following me around and claim that I may be taking more bugs out than is allowed... :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom