suggestions for ac compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well i tried replacing the bearing in my compressor tonight and screwed it up by pulling the pulley instead of just the clutch plate. I need the front of the body on the compressor or a whole new one.

Any suggestions on the aftermarket stuff or does anyone have anything for sale?

Thanks

Will

K thanks I pm'd him.

man this is an expensive mistake. It'll work fine as long as I never turn off the compressor. Should have just lived with the clicking sound.

K thanks I pm'd him.

man this is an expensive mistake. It'll work fine as long as I never turn off the compressor. Should have just lived with the clicking sound.

If the clicking sound was the clutch bearing, life wouldn't of been long anyway.:hillbilly:

CoolStream Here is Rex's workplace in Tucson. Good guy and knowledgeable about LandCruiser air conditioning.

Thanks for the props guys!

I've met a bunch of great people from all over Arizona and the US, as well as gotten a ton of useful information from this site. So, I try to return the favor and help out when I can.

Thanks again,
Rex

Rex, can you get the compressor snout (front housing) that gets destroyed when the clutch bearing goes and needed seals? Is that still cost effective or better off just getting a reman compressor?

Thats what i need to rebuild mine also. Let us know if you can get some...

I can usually get that front nose-cone, but unfortunately, the supplier that I get them from is out of stock. Thanks to the intrawebs, I have found another supplier that claims to have them in stock (supposed to be Denso product). Price will be about $30. They're telling me that they have 3 versions of that nose-cone and in order to know which one is correct, they're supposed to e-mail me some more information. I'll post up when I have more to report. I carry the body seal kit in stock for $8.96 and the front seal is $21.00.

Will, I know you want a nose-cone, anybody else?

Rex,

I'm looking for an A/C clutch.

1986 Toyota Pickup
4x4
22R-TE (factory turbo)

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Boy, you don't see many of those Turbos around anymore! I can get a new clutch for that, it would be $129+shipping. Your compressor should be a Denso 10P13C. I have run accross a few of the older pickups that have either a Denso 10P15C or an aftermarket system using a Sanden compressor. The clutches are different for each of them. Is the problem the bearing? If so, it's not that hard to replace. Here's a video on how to change it.

Let me know,
Rex

it may just be the bearing. before I removed the belt, it made noise when not engaged. it did engage and work. just noisy when not engaged.

Sounds like the bearing. With the belt off, spin the pulley, and see if it makes noise or has rough spots. We carry the bearing, I'll get you the price when I go in tomorrow.

Sounds like the bearing. With the belt off, spin the pulley, and see if it makes noise or has rough spots. We carry the bearing, I'll get you the price when I go in tomorrow.

That is exactly what it does. It wasn't running like that for long. I drove the few miles to work and as I got there, it started making noise. It was a cyclic noise, so at first I thought the compressor blew, then I looked and it was only noisy when the compressor was not cycling. I stopped the engine and cut the belt off. I was afraid of ruining something. It is rough, but spins.

Thanks,
Dave

The clutch bearing is $20. USPS priority is probably the cheapest way to get it to you @ $4.95. I've got them in stock, so let me know.

Thanks,
Rex

That is exactly what it does. It wasn't running like that for long. I drove the few miles to work and as I got there, it started making noise. It was a cyclic noise, so at first I thought the compressor blew, then I looked and it was only noisy when the compressor was not cycling. I stopped the engine and cut the belt off. I was afraid of ruining something. It is rough, but spins.

Thanks,
Dave

Good plan on cutting the belt. If the bearing binds/locks the inner race spins on the snout, making replacement of it necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom