Stupid Valve question.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Stupid question, but which are the intake and which are the exhaust valves? the Haines manual doesnt say and with the fuel injection I'm not sure which is which..Appreciate the help, motor is cooling as we speak...

on the 60, the first valve is exhaust, then there are two intakes, two exhaust, two intake, two exhaust, two intake, and the last one is exhaust.

If you talking 60's the exhaust have the AI ports in front of em.

I had it guessed it correctly, only the #1 and # 6 cylinders arent obvious, but I was second guessing myself because now the Land Cruiser is running much worse, something is obviously not right whereas before it ran fine except valve noise and the occassional misfire at idle, now it is getting occasional backfires and feels way too "tight". I've adjusted valves on my fj40's and Patrols for years, I'll try following the book verbatum today. Thanks for the help

HMMM, maybe I dont have it right, according to 2mbb, the FIRST valve from the front is exhaust, when I looked at page 25 of the Haynes(I HATE HAYNES) the picture does not label which is the front or back, but after looking at it closer it is obvious, man I feel like a tard when I try to follow written instructions.

I hate written instructions too. I'm definitely a "picture" guy. As for the valves, it doesn't really matter which is front or back of the engine. The end valve is exhaust and rest alternate in pairs. EIIEEIIEEIIE

And as with any other Q regarding valve adjustement....
http://www.birfield.com/~morgan/tech/valves.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom