Stupid Question of the Day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm no engineer, but is there any tangible value to keeping all the plastic covers under the hood? I seem to be removing them and breaking the fasteners regularly, and wondered if they are functional or just aesthetic.

Thanks for humoring me.

Jason

Also, has anyone removed a headlight? My passenger side is holding moisture and I need to remove it. I can see the grill needs to be removed, and two brackets to the radiator support and fender. Praying this isn't a remove the front of the car to get to the headlight situation.

I'm no engineer, but is there any tangible value to keeping all the plastic covers under the hood? I seem to be removing them and breaking the fasteners regularly, and wondered if they are functional or just aesthetic.

Thanks for humoring me.

Jason
You should keep the air dam in the front. It funnels air through the radiator rather than allowing the air to go over and bypass. The rest of the plastic covers are for aesthetics only.

Thanks for humoring me.

Jason

I have mine off but playing with some wires and what not. I can hear more engine noise BUT I also just added a magnaflow so it’s hard to say just how much it changed.

The front cover does help reportedly as TX GX460 stated.

For those of you with the third row removed, Did the alarm for the seats go off. Fuse to be pulled? No issues at all?

For those of you with the third row removed, Did the alarm for the seats go off. Fuse to be pulled? No issues at all?
No issues when we pulled the rear power seats from the Luxury model. Just make sure the seats are in full down position before removing. No fuse pulling. Went back in without a problem too. Also no problem with my Premium, but that one doesn't have an alarm for the manual rear seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom