Stupid newbie question... I did a search! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I didnt get a manual with my 80... But im wondering what the "power" and "2nd" button are on the 4wd shifter?

I have a manual on order. :)

I saw people talking about keeping the "power" button on for better gas mileage? I dunno.. Could someone enlighten me? :)

The power button changes the shift points in your tranny. As a result it makes the drive feel more sporty, so to speak. I have read in the past on this board that it doesn't effect gas milage. If it did, I would think it would affect it negatively, but who knows?

The 2nd button is for starting in 2nd gear. I *believe* that this is used in low traction situations where you don't want to spin the wheels and dig yourself in deeper. I've only had my 80 for about 2 months, so take my advice with a grain of salt. You could also go out and test both of these functions for yourself and report back :) Good luck.

jjhancock is correct.

The 2nd start button is also nice when driving on the trail in low range when 1st gear is not necessary (between obstacles). It eliminates the shift from 1st to 2nd which is a pretty hard shift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom