Stock height for 01 tacoma dbl cab? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am rebuilding a set of 2" coil over Sway-a-way shocks.
I currently have custom spacers in the front for approx. 2.5" lift.
(But I really don't know the actual lift gained, they've been on for 5 yrs and I have increased tire size too)
SO, I want to know the stock height from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender.
Then I can adjust the coilovers for the proper lift of 2.5".
I realize that I could just set them up to what I have now but I may have some OEM spring sag (145K miles) BUT I don't want to over-lift the front end at the expense of my CV joints.
Any help is appreciated!

I will also post up my shock rebuild and install pictures as soon as I get a chance.

Just measured mine and it's 20.75". I do have 126k on the truck, so there's probably a little sag.

thanks a lot for the info
i have come to a stopping point anyway.
I got the coilover installed on the drivers side, but the passinger side lower shock mount bold seemes to be corroded to the shock.
I gave it several wacks with a 9lb sledge hammer :eek: to no avail - taking it into a shop for them to fool with it later this week. :frown:

Did you spray some PB Blaster on there? Spray and leave it over night. My old 4Runner's came off with no troubles at all.

Thanks for the suggestion I had already sprayed it for 2 days.
It is really seized - my friend owns the shop I'm taking it to so I know they'll take care of it. Also they specialize in tractor trailers and farm machinery - so I KNOW they can get things un-stuck! :D
BTW - I also noticed that my exhaust pipe was broken in half behind the muffler. Huh, THAT is what that erratic banging was :hmm:.

UPDATE -

Shop was NOT able to get it un-stuck, so now it's up to me to work on it! :mad:

Oh, well I get more time in the garage - now that it is 100F with the heat index!

maybe some :beer: will help me work thru this?:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom