Stock FZJ80 springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Tornado Alley,

I've got a '96 LX450 with 145k and lockers. I've read that the stock LX springs are pretty soft compared to the LC springs. The rear end sags pretty bad when loaded up with friends and gear.

Does anybody have a stock set of FZJ80 springs that they want to part with?

Or perhaps somebody can recommend another fix? Air bags? I'm not really interested in a lift kit.

lx450.jpg

Are you always loaded like that? Do you like the ride and height when your unloaded?
I’d just put airlift bags in in that case.

Not always, but even without the rear box, it still sags when a couple people are in the middle row. This picture probably doesn't show the sag as well as it could.

My rear coils have been repurposed under @kc_chevota 's rig, so unfortunately, I'm not much help on the parts side of things. If you can't find any of the Toyota specific coils locally, you may be able to fix your issue by doing airbags as @cjmoon suggested, or look into the "Old Man Emu" (OME) (or Dobinson) replacement height suspension. You'll gain .5"-1" in lift height, FYI, but it might provide a "sportier" (read: firmer) ride that won't sag as much when loaded down. Lots of good and trustworthy vendors that can help with product placement should you go that route.

Best of luck.

I have a set of rear I believe came off my 96 LC (to many parts on the shelf). i used them with spacers and airbags for some time. with variable load rear height will still very. I installed an air switch and OBA so I can adjust on the fly. i installed heavy stock height as the rear i felt always had to much sway they helped and I got about an 1.5" of lift unloaded and light. i still have the air bags but now run them at 3-5psi instead of 10-15 all the time before

If you go with somebody's used springs your likely to end up doing the work and having the same issue. I would recommend either spending the coin on OEM replacements or factory height OME.
I agree with this but should have stock springs available after this weekend from my '94 if you are still interested.

I have a set out of my 96 LC, but they were sagged like yours.

Air bags made a huge difference. You can look at my current setup with OME heavies F/R with 2-1/2" lift.

I carry a power wheelchair a lot, so I need the heavies. The airbags are not used as much now with the heavies, but they were required with the stock springs.

$100 for a set of bags from Summit Racing.
More if you want a controller and pump.
I just pumped them up before I loaded and let them down later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom