Stock 3.4 clutch max torque capacity??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dohcdelsol93

snoogans
Threads
The motor im pairing to an r150f produces 300 ft lbs torque at 1900 rpms. 170 hp.

I want a stock feel clutch if possible as this is a daily driver build.

I'm set on the 3.4 flywheel/clutch combo for the larger diameter clutch on a 3.0 sourced r150f.

Before I purchase an exedy or McCloud racing stage one clutch that rate near 300 ft/lbs torque at the wheels or 25 to 50% more capacity than the stock clutch (3.4 stock made 220 to 240 ft lbs torque?)

I'm using the same motor in my current daily driver, a 3200 lbs 4 door sedan. My first clutch after my 5 speed conversion was a 240mm fx300 clutch masters. Horrible break in period, horrible daily driver manners in city traffic. Really horrible 1 yr life span on a very gently driven (auto zone cv axles) daily driver. Sorry 700 dollar clutch .

I dropped down to a 220mm stock clutch, Valeo, that came behind a 1.8t passat, I then sent it to South bend clutch for their endurance treatment . I have less than 350 in it, including the new flywheel. Its been a reliable daily driver for 2 years ever since. It a stock pedal feel. It's a little grippy. It's rated at an estimated 290 ft lbs torque.

My 4 runner will weigh sub 4000 lbs but the drive train (33 inch tires and 4.10 gears) will give the clutch considerably more resistance, not to mention the aerodynamics of a brick.

I know more than a few if you have super charged 3.4s, whats worked for you guys pushing north of 250 lbs of torque?

Thanks ahead of time.

Thanks

Been running an OE clutch in my 3.4 1st gen 4r. Same clutch for ten years. 40s and duals. Now 37s and dual ultimate. 20k miles and two blown tcases..
My rig isn't blown, but has custom intake and exhaust crossover.
Ive DD'd it quite a bit as well.
Im sure you are gtg

The oe aisin is the clutch I'd prefer to use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom